Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madrid or Barca Supporters Clubs.

Options
  • 23-11-2014 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

Hi Folks. Going to try to bring the young lad to see Bale play in Madrid. Have any of ye gone to Madrid. Ryanair have good price for flights at the moment and hotel isn't to pricey either. I can't find an Irish Madrid supporters club either. Any advice. Thanks . Jimmy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

The ticket link on the Real website takes you to entradas.com. Availability and price vary from game to game. Minimum price is usually about €30 in the 4th tier, going up to about €125 in the priciest seats. There's a good view all round the stadium. The best atmosphere is usually at the South end where the ultras used to have their area before they were kicked out last year. They were replaced by kinder, gentler ultras who sit higher in the stand and still sing and chant. Tickets go on sale to the general public about 10 days before a game.

The stadium is very central and easily reached by metro and bus. A taxi from any central hotel should cost less than €10. You can do a tour of the stadium, where you see the history, trophy rooms etc and get to sit in the dugout. I think it's about €15. It closes early in match days obviously. When were you thinking of going?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Coolaboy

Many thanks for the info. It is great. I would hope to go when school is on break or when the flights are cheap . Hopefully both. I see some of the big games are on Sundays too. Is there a travel card there like the Oyster card in London. Thanks again for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

There's a tourist travel pass which gives you unlimited travel in zone A (basically all the city) for a set number of days. It also includes the airport metro but for some reason not an express bus that goes from the airport to the city centre.

Alternatively you can get a 10 journey metro/bus ticket for €12.20 which again covers zone A and you add a €3 supplement if you use it to or from the airport. The centre of Madrid is pretty compact and you can see most of the interesting sights walking around.

Real usually play on Saturday or Sunday. There are league games on Friday and Monday but usually only for the small teams. A few weeks a year they play midweek league games but not very often. Kick-off times range from 12.00 to 22.00. They've gotten better at scheduling in advance. Game times are usually fixed 4-5 weeks in advance, good if booking flights, whereas they used to change right up to a few days before the game.

Advertisement