Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

WiFi Greyed Out?

• 23-11-2014 1:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi. I had an iphone 4s running on ios 7.1.2. It was working fine but then the wifi button became grey and wouldnt let me flick it over. I upgraded to ios 8.1.1 but it still wont work. Is it a problem with the wifi chip? Someone said to check under settings > general > about and see if my wifi addres said N/A and if it did the wifi chip was broken. It didnt say N/A however it gave an address. Does this mean the wifo chip is ok for sure? Will something like the freezer method work? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Software updates can bring hardware failures to light and in this case, it appears that your wifi chip has failed. You can contact Apple to confirm this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

This is a very common problem with the 4S which is usually down to the chip overheating and becoming useless. You might find a few fixes online but it's usually not something they can be repaired unfortunately. I'm guessing the phone would be out of warranty too so no luck with a free fix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

DubDJ wrote: »
    This is a very common problem with the 4S which is usually down to the chip overheating and becoming useless. You might find a few fixes online but it's usually not something they can be repaired unfortunately. I'm guessing the phone would be out of warranty too so no luck with a free fix.

Unless he makes a consumer law claim with place of purchase I guess

Advertisement