Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

40th Birthday Party Venue Hire Dublin City

Options
  • 23-11-2014 1:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi all, Was just throwing it out there to see if anyone had any recommendations for a good venue hire in March 2015 for my sisters birthday . Possibly 60 to 80 guests and on a budget too? Really appreciate any tips or info on where to search for venue. Thanks in advance !

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

a lot of bars will not allow strippers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 shiversd

Shew! ..Shew! Whatever your name is!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

shiversd wrote: »
    Shew! ..Shew! Whatever your name is!

Wha'?

Seriously, I'm interested in this too, if anyone has any ideas. Although we're organising a smaller gathering of about 30-40 people.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,380 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Seriously, I'm interested in this too, if anyone has any ideas. Although we're organising a smaller gathering of about 30-40 people.

For 30-40 people, Sky Bar in the Radisson Golden Lane... think its capacity is 50 so no use for OP.
    For something different, you could see if a Dublin Bay Cruise ship or the docked at Convention Centre Cill Aine boat are available.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭markmacken

The MV Cill Airne boat is a good suggestion. I reserved an area on it before for about 30 people. Though (from memory) it looked like the section we were in could have been reserved for at least twice as many people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

shiversd wrote: »
    Hi all, Was just throwing it out there to see if anyone had any recommendations for a good venue hire in March 2015 for my sisters birthday . Possibly 60 to 80 guests and on a budget too? Really appreciate any tips or info on where to search for venue. Thanks in advance !

Nealons On capel st, lovely room, great finger food from The cafe next door, Nice view up Capel st from the room which is free...

Only drawback is the bar closes at 12.30 and they turf you out pronto..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

The upstairs rooms in Doheny & Nesbitt's are very nice, quite reasonable and the finger food is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

I recently had a great evening in the upstairs room of La Cave in South Anne St for a big (sadly, not 40th) birthday.

A full meal and wine for 18 people came to 900 Euro and the service was very good.

For 60-80 guests of course the economics would be different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Had my 40th in the Central Hotel, Exchequer Street.

Upstairs function room. Free to hire if guests numbered 50 or more. They also threw in three bedrooms at a reasonable rate. We had about 90 guests there and they fitted comfortably in the function room.

Got finger food from the Exchequer bar next door. Cost €150 and there was plenty.

The whole night was very easy to arrange. Called in person about a month beforehand, got shown around, did everything by email after that. Exchequer bar were also very prompt and reliable when arranging the food.

Somewhere to avoid - Anseo, Camden Street.
    They ignored phone calls and emails despite advertising their upstairs as a suitable party venue on their Facebook page. Seems to be staffed by some very vague and flakey people. Don't darken their door.

Advertisement