Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remote flash problem

• 23-11-2014 2:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭

I have a RF603 trigger and I'm trying to fire a quantum studio light. I've a 2.5 - 3.5 (stereo cable) which links the 603 to the light.

When i press the test button on the other trigger it pops 100%, but when i put the 603 trigger on the hot shoe there's nothing. any ideas what this could be?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

This may sound too simple but have you pushed the trigger fully home on the hotshoe?

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Farmlife

yeah, even switched triggers around as it's baffling me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

You could try a cable from the camera to the trigger, may be an issue with the hot shoe.

You could try a cable from the camera to the trigger, may be an issue with the hot shoe.

does the same on all the camera's, going to try pick up a cable to see if that works

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Is your camera compatible with the trigger? Not all cameras are.
    When i press the test button on the other trigger it pops 100%, but when i put the 603 trigger on the hot shoe there's nothing. any ideas what this could be?

Bit confused here... Are you pressing the test button on the one attached to the light or on the one that's about to go on the camera ?
    If it's the latter it would suggest incompatibility with the hotshoes so a lead should sort it.

Final option would be to check camera settings re minimum shutter speeds and how your shutter button is set up (Fire only in focus/fire anytime etc)

Try it the other way round as well. Attach a trigger to the hotshoe and see can you fire the camera with the other trigger.
    Some of these also have a shutter or flash switch so check that's in the right position.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

im pretty sure the jack on these things is a mono, not stereo, jack and also its longer that a standard jack.

May be talking out by behind as Im only talking from memory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭ValueInIreland

The hotshoe on the trigger could be faulty?

Have double checked everything. both triggers working perfectly with speed lights, same issue on all camera's and tried 2 cables its just baffling me, didn't want to have to get a few pocket wizards, but looks like i'll have to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

I have a 603s but only use them for remote triggering the camera.

For remote triggering of the studio lights we use pixel kings. Never had a bother with them and way less than pocketwizards.

Advertisement