Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lumia 800 (Black Screen)

• 23-11-2014 2:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Basically I got given a Nokia Lumia 800 for free... It got dropped a few months back, the bottom corner is cracked and there seems to be a bit of 'Ink' on the screen along one side.

I'v charged it, Managed to turn it on (Screen remains black!) I was able to take a pic and then connected the phone to Zune, And camera is working fine.... So I assume it's just a screen needing replacement and not something else?

Where is the cheapest/best place to order LCD/Digitizer unit?
    Or does anyone have one that's otherwise broken with a good LCD/Digitizer they want to sell. ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

Even if you get the screen replaced, realise that the Lumia 800 is an old phone and because it runs Windows Phone 7.8 at best, app support is going to be limited.

App developers have been advised to support 8.0 and above for the last year or so. Plus, my app data shows that only a small % use 7.8 and that's falling month by month so I've dropped support for it.

You might be better off getting a 2nd hand Lumia 520 which should cost next to nothing. It runs all the latest apps and latest Windows Phone updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭DakarVert

theothernt wrote: »
    Even if you get the screen replaced, realise that the Lumia 800 is an old phone and because it runs Windows Phone 7.8 at best, app support is going to be limited.

App developers have been advised to support 8.0 and above for the last year or so. Plus, my app data shows that only a small % use 7.8 and that's falling month by month so I've dropped support for it.

You might be better off getting a 2nd hand Lumia 520 which should cost next to nothing. It runs all the latest apps and latest Windows Phone updates.

Cheers, Yeah I know it's an old phone... Was just hoping I could fix it cheap and mess around with it.

I'v an iPhone 6 ordered so it would be just a cheap spare phone. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

DakarVert wrote: »
    Cheers, Yeah I know it's an old phone... Was just hoping I could fix it cheap and mess around with it.

I'v an iPhone 6 ordered so it would be just a cheap spare phone. :)

For a spare phone, it should work well then - if you have all your contacts, etc in a service like Gmail or Outlook, it should still sync.

... it's funny how small the Lumia 800 feels compared to the iPhone 6 :D

Advertisement