Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon Black Friday Deals

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Probably a stupid question, if so, apologies in advance.

Does Amazon black Friday only relate to specific items or do they give a general discount on any purchase ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I'm getting this message when I proceed to checkout.

"Sorry, this item can't be sent to your selected address. Learn more. You may either change the delivery address or delete the item from your order."

I'v tried other Alcohols and getting the same result.

Would I have to use parcel motel to get alcohol shipped to ireland?

Amazon will ship to Northern Ireland, but Alcohol is on a list of prohibited items on Parcel Motel

(Might get through but risky)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Would you not be saving around €18

Last I checked it was €65 in argos

Still isn't a great deal. I was hoping for about 30 to 35. Impulse buy. I have loads to play as it is anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Affluenza

Techless wrote: »
    Probably a stupid question, if so, apologies in advance.

Does Amazon black Friday only relate to specific items or do they give a general discount on any purchase ?

Specific Deals :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NATLOR

CH3OH wrote: »
    Amazon will ship to Northern Ireland, but Alcohol is on a list of prohibited items on Parcel Motel

(Might get through but risky)

It wont be shipped by Amazon outside of mainland UK they have a list of restricted items here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,947 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

yup, was hoping it'd be 25 pound at the very most

$30 on US PSN right now

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

Don't forget you could also use parcelconnect for delivery to Northern Ireland and fastway re-route to your home address.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Tomorrow (tonight) stuff getting added already...

OqNDltK.png

Maybe will be a good deal

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Have chromecast and XKCD book :)

need 50p worth of electronics dispatched from Amazon for £25 free delivery to Ireland ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I see they have offers on the kindle fire hdx tablet - 32gb
    129 pounds for that. Seems like a good deal?

• Advertisement

need 50p worth of electronics dispatched from Amazon for £25 free delivery to Ireland ?

Have you tried to checkout anyway? They will usually offer free postage once you get close to €25

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

A cable of some sort?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006O887KC?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

£1.41 for 10 pens is value

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

saw nothing today. was in uni all day. did i miss much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NATLOR

tinodz wrote: »
    Have you tried to checkout anyway? They will usually offer free postage once you get close to €25

24.50 does qualify for free postage

yop wrote: »
    I see they have offers on the kindle fire hdx tablet - 32gb
    129 pounds for that. Seems like a good deal?

Amazon's OS is bit restrictive - but the HDX is a good tablet. I am an iPad owner, and enjoy using that, but used the HDX a few time, and; comparing prices and features the HDX has a lot of nice features and costs a lot less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

If you get the hdx dont connect to internet when you get it first as theres no root available yet which i found out afterwards of course.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

NATLOR wrote: »
    24.50 does qualify for free postage

Thanks everyone , yeah it took it when I tried again. :)

and http://www.fillerchecker.co.uk/default.aspx Enter the amount you need for free shipping: :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

If you get the hdx dont connect to internet when you get it first as theres no root available yet which i found out afterwards of course.

eh? http://fire.wonderhowto.com/how-to/root-your-amazon-kindle-fire-hdx-less-than-5-minutes-0156633/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Sorry I don't get you. So you can't use the internet???

Ehhhhh...thats for an older version of software which can be rooted

yop wrote: »
    Sorry I don't get you. So you can't use the internet???

Oh no you can of course, its really easy to set up. But I wanted to root (jailbreak so to speak) my HDX to get it more android like and now I have to wait for a root method for the new 4.5.1 software version :)

Ehhhhh...thats for an older version of software which can be rooted

I see :pac:

Oh no you can of course, its really easy to set up. But I wanted to root (jailbreak so to speak) my HDX to get it more android like and now I have to wait for a root method for the new 4.5.1 software version :)

I hear you. So if I want to root it then don't connect it to the internet? Could be waiting a while for a root though!

Looks like a great bargain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Nothing more useful than a tablet without internet...

Anyway, on the subject of Amazon's Black Friday deals, the likes of Overclockers.co.uk, Scan.co.uk are running their deals now, and selling many of the same products all weekend at less than Amazon's "lightning" prices.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Football Friend

Tomorrow (tonight) stuff getting added already...

OqNDltK.png

Maybe will be a good deal

What would be a good price for this considering the deals out there at the minute?

What would be a good price for this considering the deals out there at the minute?

£289.00 would be ideal. Tesco UK are offering that online. Amazon should at least compete I would guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

£289.00 would be ideal. Tesco UK are offering that online. Amazon should at least compete I would guess.

even at that, it is just beating the argos pricing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Currys have chromecast for € 29

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

100% claimed in under 30 seconds. Even at the price of £299!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,519 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Jaysus, that PS4 went quick!

Within about 10 seconds, the deal was 100% claimed and the waitlist was full! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,631 ✭✭✭pah

martyos121 wrote: »

Within about 10 seconds, the deal was 100% claimed and the waitlist was full! :eek:

Sitting in my basket at £299 not worth it IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Affluenza

pah wrote: »
    Sitting in my basket at £299 not worth it IMO

Yeah It'll defo be found cheaper closer to christmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,947 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

€377 and it comes with an unfinished game, much better bundles out there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

martyos121 wrote: »

Quick my hole! It was f*ckin instantaneous! I watched the countdown it refreshed for a sec from 0 seconds to 87% gone in the blink of an eye!

Something is rotten in the state of amazon :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Chromebook.

10% claimed. Deal over. what is the story with that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭Conar

Odd. Deal Price for ps4 was 299 on my phone and 289 on my tablet

Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor (PS4/XBO) is now £24.99

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s?ie=UTF8&field-keywords=mordor&index=blended

Regular deal, not timed/limited

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Razmael

that 299 for the ps4 deal wasn't that great, there's one in argos for ps4 + last of us remastered 379 would take that any day over it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭9bred4

Just bought the 40 inch tv for €200. Was going well..

• Advertisement

what where??

how did i miss that!? been on that page for about 2 hours, was looking for a telly too :(

Another one just came and went. Sold quicker than the PS4

the 32 sony? had it in basket but not a great deal to me anyway, unlike the 40 inch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

If your on the waitlist, can you see what your chances are? Good, Poor etc. I read that you could somewhere.

40 inch pure steal! Delighted with the impulse buy :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭dutopia

Sony KDL42W706BSU 42-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p Smart TV for £399.00

http://amzn.to/1tooWxc

yeah you can, it'll even tell you the number you are, i was #1 in the list for the playstation 4 deal and chances were good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Razmael wrote: »
    yeah you can, it'll even tell you the number you are, i was #1 in the list for the playstation 4 deal and chances were good

Where can you see it?

Its showing this:

100% Claimed
    Ends in 05h 18m 52s
    You are on the waitlist for this deal
    Learn more

and thats all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement