Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat Poop Behaviour

• 23-11-2014 3:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭

Why would a neighbours cat keep pooping in my garden in more or the less the same spot.
    It's an area of decorative gravel, but the gravel stones are quiet large and the cat would be unable to move them to bury.

The poop looks more like something done by a dog, just left on top of the stones!

I clean the poop up regularly as I have small kids. I've never the seen the perpetrator so not sure which one of the many cats in the area it is.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Sassy58

Cats are odd he may simple like the area - try covering it with a netting for a week and see if that deters the cat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Irish Stones

Some male cats use their poo to mark the territory, just like they would do with their urine.
    So it's likely that this cat is trying to make it clear that that place is his.
    You could spray the spot where he does his things with lemon juice. I understand that there are no plants or flower so no damages will be done.
    Or you can leave slices of lemon all around the spot.
    Have a try. It's almost costless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,474 ✭✭✭✭Alun

The only time one of our cats did anything like that (castrated male) was to show his displeasure at having been at the cattery for a couple of weeks. We let him out of the carry box in the garden and he went straight to the middle of the lawn, took a big dump, and then sat down next to it giving us a dirty look as if to say "Don't do that again!"

Advertisement