Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 bed flat

Options
  • 23-11-2014 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

where would be a good place to live in or around Dublin with reasonable rent i dont need anything flash

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,380 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Fairview or Eastwall if you don't have a car

Marino or Killester if you do, as the 1 beds there typically have more parking available

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Depends what you consider reasonable. Anything <€900 is going to have a few compromises. We're moving into a new 1 bed in a few weeks and its €1100 a month and there were 60 people going to view it. Its crazy right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭pilgrim pat

i was thinking less than 900 whats killester like?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,380 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

i was thinking less than 900 whats killester like?

Rent for 1-bed was 900 during the summer... Close to town - 30 minutes by bus served by 3 routes, close to DART station, close to St Annes Park. Killester Village has a Supervalu and some nice restaurants.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

thanks i will look at this area, i drive but its handy to have the dart close at hand

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

try and get on a dart line

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

also try to live near work

i am still looking for a job, so i doubt i could make that work,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

What area of work are you looking for a job in? Killester is a really good area. Donnycarney nearby is very settled too and might be a bit cheaper as well, its still within easy walking distance of the dart too

• Registered Users Posts: 14,305 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

i am still looking for a job, so i doubt i could make that work,

A lot of apts require work refs and wont entertain anyone without a fulltime job. May need to have a job first and apt second...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

retalivity wrote: »
    A lot of apts require work refs and wont entertain anyone without a fulltime job. May need to have a job first and apt second...

Tell them you're a self employed tradesman (or self employed anything really) if this is an issue you meet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

strobe wrote: »
    Tell them you're a self employed tradesman (or self employed anything really) if this is an issue you meet.

If its an agent they may then look for a reference from the landlord where you run the business from. Has happened to me before.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Fairview or Eastwall if you don't have a car

Marino or Killester if you do, as the 1 beds there typically have more parking available

If EastWall is worth considering you could also look at the north strand, ballybough, and summerhill.

how much would you expect to pay for a 1 bed flat out there ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

how much would you expect to pay for a 1 bed flat out there ?

use www.daft.ie you can search anywhere in the country you like with any parameters you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,398 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Sadly in the areas listed 1,000 is fast becoming the norm unless you want your living and sleeping area combined.

Country is a bit of a mess in this regard.

Advertisement