Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loop Calibrator

Options
  • 23-11-2014 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭

Hi
    I'm looking to purchase a current loop Calibrator, I need to troubleshoot 4 20mA current loops every so often. I don't need anything top of the range just something basic as it will only be used maybe once every 2 or 3 weeks. Any models I've looked at online seem expensive for something that won't be used much. I'm looking at the Druck UPS-ll, has anyone experience with this Calibrator or any recommendations would be helpful. Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

use a digital multimeter (DMM), or a mA clamp meter

Some loops show random fluctuations or intermittent faults that tend not to happen while a technician is watching. The solution here is to use a clamp meter with a scaled mA output. In this mode, the meter measures the current in the loop without breaking the circuit, and produces an identical and isolated mA output. Feed that output to a DMM with a logging function; by allowing the DMM to record over time, any disturbance will be recorded

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭grousedogtom

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately I probably wouldn't have enough work for a mA clamp meter as they seem quite expensive

Advertisement