Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Board games

Options
  • 23-11-2014 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Checking to see if there are any boardgamers in the athenry area. Myself and the missus recently moved here and Id like to meet some like minded people. Suggested board-games would include the likes of A game of thrones etc.

Send me a pm if there is any interest.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

There's actually a forum for board games http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1358
    boards provides for all. :D

I'd be shocked if there wasn't some sort of club, you may have to travel into Galway but that isn't a huge deal now with the motorway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 Chuckieawrlaw

grosser wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

Checking to see if there are any boardgamers in the athenry area. Myself and the missus recently moved here and Id like to meet some like minded people. Suggested board-games would include the likes of A game of thrones etc.

Send me a pm if there is any interest.

Is this slang for swinging or something haha ye hardly are a couple that want to meet others to play boardgames

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Is this slang for swinging or something haha ye hardly are a couple that want to meet others to play boardgames
    It's a thing now. All the young trendy somethings are at it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

ScumLord wrote: »
    It's a thing now. All the young trendy somethings are at it.

I liked board games before they were cool. //hipster

OP, in Galway city 901 labs do board game meetups. And if you drop into Dungeons and Donuts and ask them they might put you onto some group.

Or you could do what we did, and get your non-gamer mates hooked with something like Love Letter or Ticket to Ride. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭yaledo

A nice big group meets each Monday upstairs in Kellys in Galway city. There were 20 or so there last Monday. A friendly & enthusiastic bunch.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Galway-Gaming-Tribes/1420846868186736

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

yaledo wrote: »
    A nice big group meets each Monday upstairs in Kellys in Galway city. There were 20 or so there last Monday. A friendly & enthusiastic bunch.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Galway-Gaming-Tribes/1420846868186736

20 is a good number.

I was there a couple of times when it was above Kennedy's and once in Squareyes. Very friendly bunch of course.

I think I would prefer the atmosphere of the pub all the same, even if I'm not drinking.

A drink might have gotten me through that game of Battlestar Galactica that took hours. I've never even seen the bloody thing!

Don't live in the city right now, but should be back early in the new year. Will definitely check it out.

Advertisement