Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coping with twins

Options
  • 23-11-2014 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭

Hi all, just wondering what kind of routine parents of twins have? I am formula feeding mine and they get fed St the same time, but it's coming to the stage where there is not always a second person around to help me. I was thinking of trying to feed one at different times but it takes nearly 1 hour to take the bottle so doing it that way would mean I would only have 30mins-1hour between feeds.

Has anyone come up with a better idea of how to deal with feeding?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

We have 6 month old girls we prop them them up on couch and feed them together
    Hi all, just wondering what kind of routine parents of twins have? I am formula feeding mine and they get fed St the same time, but it's coming to the stage where there is not always a second person around to help me. I was thinking of trying to feed one at different times but it takes nearly 1 hour to take the bottle so doing it that way would mean I would only have 30mins-1hour between feeds.

Has anyone come up with a better idea of how to deal with feeding?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Cushions is how we did it with my younger twin siblings. Propped them both on v-shaped cushions on either side of you, or in two bouncy chairs. Then you have one hand free for each baby to hold the bottle and keep an eye on them. You can roll up a muslin or facecloth and put it under the bottle if your arm is getting sore, to take the weight off, obviously don't leave baby with a bottle in its mouth unattended.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Thanks for replies. Have seen the twin z pillow which seems it would solve my problems. I had tried the propping up with cushions but their head control is very bD and they always ended up flopping forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Julo12

Thanks for replies. Have seen the twin z pillow which seems it would solve my problems. I had tried the propping up with cushions but their head control is very bD and they always ended up flopping forward.
    Sorry don't have any experience of twins myself but a friend used her bfeeding pillow to prop her two on on the floor then sat with her legs splayed around them to hold a bottle for each.
    Are u a member of the multiples group on Facebook? It seemed great for tips, the meet ups with other parents and even buying things cheaply off other twin parents who want to help make ur life easier!

Advertisement