Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubbish bag collection Dundalk

Options
  • 23-11-2014 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

Recently moved into a house in Dundalk and have about 6 bags full of rubbish out the back that I want removed. I heard about bin tags but I was told by a local company that I would have to buy 6 bin tags at €5 each that's €30 for a few bin bags which is a bit steep.

Has anyone got any other reccomendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

OkeyDoke12 wrote: »
    Recently moved into a house in Dundalk and have about 6 bags full of rubbish out the back that I want removed. I heard about bin tags but I was told by a local company that I would have to buy 6 bin tags at €5 each that's €30 for a few bin bags which is a bit steep.

Has anyone got any other reccomendations?
    Go to vw recycling on the Newry Road, have the Craic with them and strike a deal on disposal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

I think that they charge €6 per bag for domestic rubbish as well

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Peter File wrote: »
    I think that they charge €6 per bag for domestic rubbish as well

That's why you have the craic with them. There's always a deal to be struck ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,921 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

With those charges it's no wonder there's so much rubbish being dumped. 6 euro is far too dear and only encourages dumping.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 M.A.G

Would you not ask a neighbour could you throw a few bags in their bin? Maybe throw them a fiver? My neighbours would often ask could they throw in a couple of bags and throw us a fiver.5 euro per bag is a rip off.

• Advertisement
Advertisement