Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forum Feedback and Suggestions

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

CatInABox, thank you very much, it's a very impressive amalgamation of 'useful links' & an faq style thread. Well done, I'll look at implementing it right away.

I'll also reopen the general chat thread shortly too, & fold the 'off topic' one back into it so nothing will be lost or anything. I'd really like if the trend of using the hardware thread continues, as it compliments a general chat thread & shouldn't be seen as competition for it. Thanks all!

Ok, all changes made there folks. Hopefully now we can strike a nice balance between having our general chat thread & keeping the forum active by using other dedicated threads too. This feedback has been really insightful & helpful, & as such, I think leaving this thread open is a good idea. Any constructive observations, suggestions or feedback you have on anything to do with this forum, you're more than welcome to post here & discuss it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Yeah the game sharing would be a good thing to throw in as one of the things near the top of the FAQ, it's a big selling point that a lot of new comers wouldn't know about

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Thanks Myrddin and all for clearing up the forum, setting up the FAQ sticky and opening up the General chat MegaThread again.

One additional suggestion:
    Yeah the game sharing would be a good thing to throw in as one of the things near the top of the FAQ, it's a big selling point that a lot of new comers wouldn't know about

How about that we also include that EA Access and Game Sharing = Bargain of the century :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Thanks Myrddin and all for clearing up the forum, setting up the FAQ sticky and opening up the General chat MegaThread again.

One additional suggestion:

How about that we also include that EA Access and Game Sharing = Bargain of the century :)

EA Access is a big thing a lot of people don't know about. I only told one person on here about this today and they couldn't believe it :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057331485

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Okay, here's my take on the multimedia side of it. Not going into too much detail, because quite frankly I don't use it too much. It's also a very broad subject on the Xbox One.

Myrddin, could you add this in if it's acceptable?

With an Xbox One, what multimedia options do I have?

There's a wealth of options available, the most prominent of which is the TV functionality. By plugging your Cable/Satellite provider into your Xbox One, via the HDMI cable, then you are able to view and control your television through the Xbox One. Multiple providers are supported in Ireland, like Sky and UPC. This is also Kinect Compatible.

There's also a "Media Player" app available on the Xbox One. This allows you to view pictures and videos on a USB stick or a network drive through the Xbox One. If your insert a USB stick with videos files on it, the Xbox One should prompt you to install the Media Player app, or you can find it in the App store.

In addition, there is a multitude of Media apps available on the App store. These include popular favourites such as Netflix. You do not require an Xbox Live Gold subscription to use these apps, but you do require a subscription to the relevant service, E.g. Netflix, etc.

Questions about any of this should be directed at the "Xbox One General Discussion".

Finally, you can also watch live TV through the use of the Xbox One TV Tuner accessory. This requires a digital TV antenna or coaxial outlet to function. More information can be found in the "Xbox tv tuner" thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Under Multimedia don't forget the TV tuner :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057316771

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

And here's my take on the Game sharing feature. Last I checked, discussion of game sharing as it is frequently used isn't allowed, as it can technically break the Xbox TOS. It's a bit of a grey area, so I used the example of family sharing. Myrddin will have to make a call as to whether or not this is onside.

I've heard people referring to "Game Sharing", what are they on about?

If you sign into your Xbox One, you can set it as your "Home Xbox". This will then share any digital games you own with everyone on that console, even if you are no longer signed in. This is useful if you or your family own multiple consoles, even if they are miles apart.

For more information, see the "About My home Xbox" page provided by Microsoft, along with the "Using Xbox Live Gold sharing features on Xbox One" page.

Multimedia & Game Sharing info has been added, thanks once again CatInABox, super effort there & it's much appreciated. The game sharing thing is very grey area, as the Terms of Use suggest anything outside of an 'approved mechanism' to exchange profile credentials is a violation. The problem is an 'approved mechanism' has yet to be defined by MS as far as I'm aware. We'll run with it for now anyway, though that could change in the future.

Myrddin wrote: »
    Multimedia & Game Sharing info has been added, thanks once again CatInABox, super effort there & it's much appreciated. The game sharing thing is very grey area, as the Terms of Use suggest anything outside of an 'approved mechanism' to exchange profile credentials is a violation. The problem is an 'approved mechanism' has yet to be defined by MS as far as I'm aware. We'll run with it for now anyway, though that could change in the future.

Thanks Myrddin, and thanks for listening to all our complaints! Hopefully all of this results in a better forum.

• Advertisement
Advertisement