Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2015 Tour De Conamara

• 23-11-2014 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

6 months to go from this week to prepare for the 2015 Tour de Conamara. This year the event takes place on Saturday 23rd May starting and finishing in Clifden. 140km and 80km routes.

Get the winter miles in and Save the Date 23.5.15.

Registration opens on 1st January 2015.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

is there much climbing on the 140km cycle ? whats the elevation gain over the whole cycle?
    just trying to find out if i'm brave enough for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

cavan4sam wrote: »
    is there much climbing on the 140km cycle ? whats the elevation gain over the whole cycle?

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/1107935

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 110 ✭✭martin.mcevoy

Strava profile from last year
    https://www.strava.com/activities/145082895

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭G1032

is there much climbing on the 140km cycle?
    whats the elevation gain over the whole cycle?

In a word... No!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭DanDublin1982

Looks like a great day out. Looking forward to it! :)

• Advertisement

Thanks lads i think I'll give it a go if i get a bit of training under my belt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭markusz

Thanks lads i think I'll give it a go if i get a bit of training under my belt
    its a nice route with only 2 little hills in it. a few drags here and there.wind can play a factor though.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 fergalos

Anyone got an entry that they are not using

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wuzziwig

I've registered for the 140k route but as the time draws closer I'm beginning to panic and thinking of just doing the 80k. I'll be cycling with a group so I suppose that will help. The longest distance I've done to date is 90k. Am I mad to consider the 140k? Maybe I should just decide on the day when I see what conditions are like. Can you do that?

wuzziwig wrote: »
    I've registered for the 140k route but as the time draws closer I'm beginning to panic and thinking of just doing the 80k. I'll be cycling with a group so I suppose that will help. The longest distance I've done to date is 90k. Am I mad to consider the 140k? Maybe I should just decide on the day when I see what conditions are like. Can you do that?

if you can do 90k you can do 140k just slow down a little and youll be fine

• Advertisement

Thanks Cavan4Sam. I suppose if it's not too hilly I should be ok. I really want to push my distances on this summer. Of course if the weather is anything like it is at the moment I'll more than likely say feck that and just do the 80.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭pete_9715

Hi lads any registration floating around would be most appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭mountclare4

send you name and email to cycle@tourdeconamara.ie and we will link you with someone we think it looking to pass on their place

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Wobs

Hi, I am also looking for a registration for this!
    Mountclare4 I sent an email last week and got a reply that the waiting list was also closed due to a high demand. Do you know if this has changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 tim63

same boat here, done a few 100k and did the 111k pink ribbon last week but after another 100k today did wonder where the hell another 40k was coming from.... :eek:

tim63 wrote: »
    same boat here, done a few 100k and did the 111k pink ribbon last week but after another 100k today did wonder where the hell another 40k was coming from.... :eek:

As previously mention if you can do 111 then you will be able to do the 140 on the day. The important thing to remember is to make sure you do it at your pace and not to try and keep with a group who are going to fast for you. Keep drinking and taking on food.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Collins1988

pete_9715 wrote: »
    Hi lads any registration floating around would be most appreciated

I have a registration

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Fian

Good luck to those doing it. Reasonably flat but if it is windy will make a big difference. Nice route though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Martinblue

I'm looking a registration if anyone is pulling out I b glad to take it Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Collins1988

Martinblue wrote: »
    I'm looking a registration if anyone is pulling out I b glad to take it Thanks

I have a spare Cycle Registration if you are still looking for one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Wobs

hi Collins1988,

I got your PM and replied. I will take your registration if it's still available.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

^^^^
    You should delete your number from the above post as EVERYBODY can see it.
    PM your number instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Due to injury, i won't be doing this cycle, my cycling partner is refusing to go, out of sympathy.
    So, I have two entries, if anybody is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭FatSh!te

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Due to injury, i won't be doing this cycle, my cycling partner is refusing to go, out of sympathy.
    So, I have two entries, if anybody is interested.

Hey, myself and my far better half are looking for 2 spare entries if these are still going at all. Didn't think we'd be available so it would be great to get in on this now!
    Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

FatSh!te wrote: »
    Hey, myself and my far better half are looking for 2 spare entries if these are still going at all. Didn't think we'd be available so it would be great to get in on this now!
    Cheers

Still there, if you're still interested, PM me.

E.

Will do that now. Cheers.

Fian wrote: »
    Good luck to those doing it. Reasonably flat but if it is windy will make a big difference. Nice route though.

This is the 140k route on mapmyride, from 80k on doesn't look flat? :confused:
    http://www.mapmyride.com/ie/westport-c/tour-de-connemara-140-k-route-61072296

I've decided to do the 80k. I'm going with a few from my club and there's no one else doing 140k so I'll stick to the 80 with them. We'll make a night of it!!

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Still there, if you're still interested, PM me.

E.

Eamon, tried PMing you there but not sure if it sent. Let me know if you didn't get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

The highest point on the route is below the highest point in the Netherlands, so its flat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

The highest point on the route is below the highest point in the Netherlands, so its flat!

The Amstel Gold Race is held in the Netherlands.... I wouldn't call that a flat route!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭dafman

Lads ,if anyone else has spare registration could they let me now please ,looking for one for mate, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

The Amstel Gold Race is held in the Netherlands.... I wouldn't call that a flat route!! :D

touché

I had it in my head the highest point was 123m, it's 321m ... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭nilhg

I've decided to do the 80k. I'm going with a few from my club and there's no one else doing 140k so I'll stick to the 80 with them. We'll make a night of it!!

Don't worry about the hills, worry about the wind instead.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Domane

Hate doing this but I have to step away from this one due to an injury. Just back on the bike last night after a two month layoff and jeez was I sore after a 52km spin in 2 hours. Can't see myself doing 140km even if I slow it right down.

So I've a registration up for offer if anyone wants it.

Domane wrote: »
    Hate doing this but I have to step away from this one due to an injury. Just back on the bike last night after a two month layoff and jeez was I sore after a 52km spin in 2 hours. Can't see myself doing 140km even if I slow it right down.

So I've a registration up for offer if anyone wants it.

Hey Domane,
    I still need one more, so I could take it if it's still going? PM me perhaps and we can sort out.
    Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 luckysos

Hi I'm looking for a 140 entry if anyone has one please? Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ruanman01

Hi Everyone I'm looking for a 140km entry if anyone has one? Thanks a mill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,027 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

This is the 140k route on mapmyride, from 80k on doesn't look flat? ...
    Less than 1,000m over 140km - that's very flat. I climbed 6 times that amount in a ride of similar length last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 skuldintape

Hi guys,

Would love a spare registration if anybody has it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭claw14

Any idea how many are doing this ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭AlanD

nilhg wrote: »
    Don't worry about the hills, worry about the wind instead.......

The wind....oh the wind.....last year's wind was brutal. We must have had 70k in to a 30km/h wind last year.

It's not a hilly course at all.....there's pretty much one bit of a climb leaving Maam Cross, but it's not that bad.

Forecast is for a NW wind @ 20km/h. Hopefully it'll be less.

Find a buddy and share the effort

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭lissard

claw14 wrote: »
    Any idea how many are doing this ?

2000 riders, probably spilt evenly between the 140 and 80k routes.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭valerie

Hi all,
    Is there any problem changing to the 80km route on the day? Back is at me a little at the moment, not sure I'd be able for 140km.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭jamesd

valerie wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Is there any problem changing to the 80km route on the day? Back is at me a little at the moment, not sure I'd be able for 140km.

I doubt they would mind

• Registered Users Posts: 14 alstro

Hi I signed up for this in jan , has anyone who signed up got any info in the past week or 2 from the event

alstro wrote: »
    Hi I signed up for this in jan , has anyone who signed up got any info in the past week or 2 from the event

I think they are sending out information this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭claw14

Rider pack received this morning by email.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Robotnic

Hi I'm looking for a 140K entry if anyone has one to spare, mixup in our group has left me without one.
    Flights and accom booked so even a very last minute drop out would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭Hani Kosti

valerie wrote: »
    Hi all,

Noone minds that at all... You can always decide at the split
    Hope shoulder is better

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Just let them know you are changing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement