Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2015 Tour De Conamara

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭mountclare4

You need to select route and stick to that as new id system for feed stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭FatSh!te

Do you know if this can be done on the morning of registration?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

claw14 wrote: »
    Rider pack received this morning by email.

I didn't get the email today :confused:
    I'll probably get it tomorrow.

EDIT: I got it this morning :)

Why the different ID system for the different routes do you know?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

There were 2 bikes robbed last year there on the 140 route at feeding stations, I'm wondering if they have upped security with this new bike ID and wrist band? I have received no email or pack yet either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wuzziwig

I emailed them last night asking if I could change from 140 to 80k route and they got back to me this morning saying they changed me on their database and it was no problem. Just let them know beforehand if you want to change.

I just got the rider pack in an email now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,041 ✭✭✭what_traffic

Conditions looking good for Saturday

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/5day-ireland.asp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭G1032

Conditions looking good for Saturday

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/5day-ireland.asp

Looking relatively calm and no rain. Happy days. The wind last year was energy sapping at times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭willabur

I have two 80Km entries which I cannot use unfortunately. PM me if you would like to take them off me

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭chazlan

Have a double room in the Cliften Town Hostel booked for the Friday night if anyone is looking for accommodation! Two of the lads pulled out, €42 Inc. breakfast. PM me for details or ring them directly on 09521076 and say you're looking for the double room Noel Lafferty wants to cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭kavanagh_h

I have one 80k entry ticket if anyone would like it. Pm me. H.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Technophobe

Anyone know what you need to bring to the Registration on the evening before/day of the event?

I can't find my confirmation mail anywhere :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭dermabrasion

Anyone know what you need to bring to the Registration on the evening before/day of the event?

Found mine in junk mail

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

• Advertisement

I don't think you need to bring anything with you to register/sign-on.

kavanagh_h wrote: »
    I have one 80k entry ticket if anyone would like it. Pm me. H.

Ticket now gone. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bojster69

Hi All,

Looking for a registration for the Tour De Connemara if anybody for some reason can not do it.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭12 element

Is it possible to change the name on a registration. Lad in the club can't make it so I'm taking his place. Should I just sign on under his name or?

12 element wrote: »
    Is it possible to change the name on a registration. Lad in the club can't make it so I'm taking his place. Should I just sign on under his name or?

"Tonight Matthew I'm *the name on the form*" :D

• Advertisement

12 element wrote: »

Ya. Use his name. Only thing is you'll get whatever size gilet he ordered (assuming he signed up before the April deadline for the free gilet).

I have one 80km registration left - pm for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭caol ila

I have a 140k registration. Been ill all week so can't travel. Pm if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 31 imskilguy

im looking for a reg if theres any going, please PM

imskilguy wrote: »
    im looking for a reg if theres any going, please PM

pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bojster69

ok so I managed to get an 80km one, can I cycle the 140km, anybody know?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭mirrormatrix

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 14 alstro

if there is any reg out there i have 2 friends wanting to go with us can you pm me please, thanks

bojster69 wrote: »
    ok so I managed to get an 80km one, can I cycle the 140km, anybody know?

Thanks

You just need to contact the organisers to tell them that you want to switch.

my two registrations have now been passed on, enjoy

• Advertisement

my reg has been passed on also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 maud087

I have two registrations. My sister and I can't go. We have registered for the 140km but as far as I know you can do either route. Pm for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ogormai

Hi, Anyone out there got an entry for the 80km or 140km for sale still?

Thanks,

Ian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47 Ger.O.Mahony

ogormai wrote: »
    Hi, Anyone out there got an entry for the 80km or 140km for sale still?

Thanks,

Ian

I have an 80km entry

Is there any registration form that we need to bring to this?? Can't find any email with one..............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭claw14

I have a 140k for sale if anyone wants it at this late stage. one of our group had to pull out last minute.

G1032 wrote: »
    Is there any registration form that we need to bring to this?? Can't find any email with one..............

It doesn't say you need to bring any confirmation email etc. when you go to register.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭The Buster

I registered earlier and just after noticing no wristband in the pack. The info pack says wrist band needed for food stops. Friend registers also and no band so I guess we don't need it? Did anyone get one

I didnt grt a wrist band for my two registration either. I wouldnt worry you have the bike tag.

• Advertisement

The gilet is really nice IMO :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭jamesd

Went back in and asked about the wrist band and they said they didn't arrive so not to worry

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭RegisteredMice

Best of luck everyone cycling today... This is going to be great!

The gilet is really nice IMO :)

I think so too! Much better quality than the jacket from last year.
    I've a bad enough head cold. I'll start the cycle anyway and see how I get on but I'm not hopeful of completing it. :(

G1032 wrote: »
    I think so too! Much better quality than the jacket from last year.
    I've a bad enough head cold. I'll start the cycle anyway and see how I get on but I'm not hopeful of completing it. :(

Well the ould headcold didn't really affect me too much after all. My wife had told me I'd regret it if I didn't go and I knew she was right so I went out.
    Had an absolutely brilliant day despite the atrocious weather. Got around the 140 in inside 5 hours with 4hrs 29mins moving time. It was savage tough from Leenane home and had to do that long drag out of Leenane on my own. Got caught by a group shortly after that drag and somehow managed to cling on until the last climb. I was seeing stars going up that hill. I was totally drained.
    In home now and after having a good feed.
    Averaged 31.3km/hr moving speed. Thrilled with that. Time for a well deserved pint I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

My faith in yr.no weather shattered with the soft day.

Bit of craic when a mare ran out in front of a big group trying to get passed us to her foal, one of the padiyak lads sorted her out and we were away again.

Plenty of organised groups to tag along with and a keeping the big climbs till the end ment it was easier to keep in a big group so keeping the speed up.

Plenty of grub at the stops, including several types of cácá milis.

Although almost 6 quid for a pint at the end! should have stopped at Leenann, plenty of lads scooping on and then we were passed by a couple of trains further down Killary Harbour. Maybe it was redbull and they got wings or something!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wuzziwig

It was a fantastic day despite the weather. Really well organised and great atmosphere. I'm definitely going back next year and this time I won't chicken out on the 140km! Great night in Clifden afterwards.

Advertisement