Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP Chromebook 14

Options
  • 23-11-2014 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I bought the HP Chromebook 14 today basically to offload photos/music from the phone/camera as I just have a tablet and needed something to do a bit of file management.

I got it in Argos for 274.99 which I thought was considerable cheap and cheerful for what I was going to use it for.

I am so impressed with this that I havn't put it down since I got it this morning. It is here now rendering the tablet totally useless. I think the Chrome OS is smooth and sleek and does what it needs to do. Speakers on it are actually loud and fairly bareable. The speed is keeping up to the minimal intended tasks that I bought it for, the screen quality is another surprise and the booting/loading times are better than a new acer laptop that we bought there a couple of months ago, cant remember the exact model of that laptop but I remember it being considerably more expensive than this Chromebook.

Obviously this isnt for everyone and there will always be holes in a could based/overly wifi dependend (mini) laptop but since were coming to christmas time I think these would pull alot of parents who have kids looking for laptops out of money holes.

Just a small review for ye there. If there are any questions PM me or comment and I will reply to the best of my knowledge.

Gary

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

I would have gone for a laptop for a bit more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

braddun wrote: »
    I would have gone for a laptop for a bit more

Maybe you would

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Dual booting with Linux is always an option on chromebooks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

^^A bit tight with only a 16GB ssd, do-able though I suppose.

Advertisement