Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Golf 2.0 2008

Options
  • 23-11-2014 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi all

Sorry if I am posting in the wrong place but you vw guys out there just to pick your brains about a problem i have

I had to get the head gasket done on it as it was letting water in to the oil, so I thought that was why it was slow to start in the morning, but once its started it starts fine for the rest of the day .... but got it back yesterday and went to start it this morning as yep ... it took ages to start again, i have been told it could be the fuel pump ? a ecl thingy , or a relay any of you guys had this problem, thank you for your help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,450 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Diesel?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

what does the fault code say

bring it back to place that fixed it

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭webmanie

Yes diesel

i only got them to do the head gasket but i had the starting prob before that so this is a different prob fault code none, thats the thing every time it goes to the garage it starts !

by the way anyone know where i could get a sh diesel pump for sale in are aound Tipperary or any where

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

Tired battery?

• Advertisement

No the battery is fine.
    Tired battery?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Does it run rough when 1st started in the morn? Does temperature affect it at all?
    It may be glow plugs or even something as simple as a diesel filter. Poor morning starting can have a lot of causes.

No its as smooth , thats the thing, i changed the g low plugs got 4 new ones, not really tep in the mornings all the same fine or cold

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭zwind

head gasket issue might cause this. water gets in the cylinder causing misfire. Same symptom as my small petrol car with head gasket issue.
    webmanie wrote: »
    Hi all

Sorry if I am posting in the wrong place but you vw guys out there just to pick your brains about a problem i have

I had to get the head gasket done on it as it was letting water in to the oil, so I thought that was why it was slow to start in the morning, but once its started it starts fine for the rest of the day .... but got it back yesterday and went to start it this morning as yep ... it took ages to start again, i have been told it could be the fuel pump ? a ecl thingy , or a relay any of you guys had this problem, thank you for your help

Ok guys ..... Golf 2008 Diesel an update ,

After having the car for 3 months my daughter was ready to trade it in , as I would not like her to sell it private and for some other person to go tru the hell we did after buying it private of a missable wa<<:<:@ that had to know it would not start in the mornings, so I had to get the head done first as it was mixing water and oil, after throwing part after part at it, changing injector seals as it would not start in the morning this went on for 3 months ! with no luck, it would start all day long once it got started in the morning… if it started, our prayers were answered by a member here called dieselbug after he contacted me regarding the bad morning starting and I took it to him & he got it sorted in one evening! Problem with pump , but tests were done before that but no one picked up on it. So a huge thank you to dieselbug a member here, if you have a golf or any car not working right, he’s your man, give him a pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

:o

A gentleman and a pleasure to deal with.

Advertisement