Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

can u drive at 16

• 23-11-2014 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi just wondering if anyone knows if I could drive a nsr 80 cc at 16. I'm not out to rally around bikes I'm really into them and I'd love to start of.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭dunner515

Yes you can drive an NSR at 16 but getting insured on it may be hard at that age

• Registered Users Posts: 16 dean16

dunner515 wrote: »
    Yes you can drive an NSR at 16 but getting insured on it may be hard at that age

Thanks I was looking at a few quotes but nothing really gave me a proper price do I'm ringing up tomorrow. Is there any courses or anything you have to do before u get your licenses or do ye just do the theory test?

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭dunner515

dean16 wrote: »
    Thanks I was looking at a few quotes but nothing really gave me a proper price do I'm ringing up tomorrow. Is there any courses or anything you have to do before u get your licenses or do ye just do the theory test?

The process is as follows
    1. Theory Test
    2. Get Learner Permit
    3. Do your IBT
    4. After 6 months do test

Have a look at the sticky thread at the top of the forum, some very helpful information there

• Registered Users Posts: 16 dean16

dunner515 wrote: »
    The process is as follows
    1. Theory Test
    2. Get Learner Permit
    3. Do your IBT
    4. After 6 months do test

Have a look at the sticky thread at the top of the forum, some very helpful information there

Thanks can you drive around on your learner permit or do u have to do your IBT first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

dean16 wrote: »
    Thanks can you drive around on your learner permit or do u have to do your IBT first.

IBT needs to be done before you ride on the road, your learners permit isn't valid without IBT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 LiamLad

I'm in the middle of the process so i might be able to help ya out!.....
    like others said above get your theory test out of the way first.
    then you apply for a learners permit
    When you get yur permit the next step is the IBT , I had my bike before i ever did my theory test so once i got my permit i got it insured.
    Although i am insured now i cant drive as i haven't the IBT done but i have it booked for the weekend so i will be all set to go from monday!

Advertisement