Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CO2 SIG pistol, advice needed

Options
  • 23-11-2014 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭

Hi.

I'm looking for a CO2 SIG pistol as a backup for the winter. I specifically want a SIG, ideally a P226 or P229.

Hobby appear to have 3 different ones:

SP2022 non-blowback;
    Blackwater SIG X-Five by KWC and
    P226 E2 by KJW.

I'm told the original KJW P226 couldn't handle the CO2 pressure, and either leaked or broke the trigger. Anyone know whether the E2 version has fixed this?

Anyone know anything about the KWC pistol? Or the 2022?

Any comments or suggestions? *

* anyone telling me to get a Glock or 1911 will be ignored :) They're both great guns, they just don't suit me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

I'd go with the x5..... Best of the lot. The kjworks ones are not terrible accurate and mags have huge leaking problems.
    Just shim the hop up arm on the x 5 and you have a great little ( not so little) pistol.....

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Hugho

Have you thought about the Umarex HK 45 using the new system 7 which saves on green gas and works better in the cold, great pistol, range and accuracy is incredible.
    Also consider the CO2 Taurus PT99, cheaper but also excellent pistol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Yes, thank for that info. Both of them are good pistols.

I'll take a look at them if none of the SIGS are suitable. I'm hoping not to have to change holsters and handling & grip etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

It's about 1 cm longer than a standard P226, so it fits my Fobus holster but it doesn't latch securely into place. I'll improvise a bungee cord to hold it in, so that should be ok. The only drawback I see so far is that it doesn't have any way to attach a lanyard.

Great build quality, but damn it's heavy. Looking forward to shooting it at the weekend.

Thanks lads.

Advertisement