Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Revamping shoes... Advice!

• 24-11-2014 12:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭

I have a wedding at Christmas and I'm trying to do my outfit on the absolute cheap :). I have an idea of adding a brooch to my penneys stilletos - has anyone ever done this? Should I just try to pin it on or stitch it? Will it even work? Any advice would be super.. I'm thinking something along these lines....

shoes_iaec12240651.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭miss-p

I *think* that gluing something on is a good way to go, this is supposed to be excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I remember someone showing me how they did this for a college ball years ago - they used epoxy glue (the stuff that has to be mixed - it's flexible and waterproof (unlike superglue etc), very important for something like shoes that will be constantly moving because of having your feet directly under the glue!) to attach a small strip of ridgy ribbon to the front of the shoe, then pinned the brooch between the ribbon and the fabric of the shoe, so that the ribbon strip was completely covered by the brooch. One advantage of this method is that you could change the brooches in the future if you wanted to.
    Let us know how you get on, interesting project :)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭minipink

I use hair clips on my shoes all the time to add a flower or diamantes as above pic. Handy as they come in pairs usually and the clip part holds it down well

Advertisement