Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Investor

• 24-11-2014 4:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi guys,

Im looking for a investor in to a compnay which will deal with part of the growing Irish eSports market here and then branch out into the Uk and Europe.

The investement is only small but essentual as myslef and my partner have invested what we can and need the extra cash push to make the Jump to the bigger more professional scene.

Would help if the interested party had an interest in eSports (call of Duty, starcraft 2, league of legend etc)

PM me here for more details

I look forward to hearing from you

John

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Aren't there already established eSport businesses in UK and Europe? Another option could be working with them to bring them to Ireland maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 d Immortalis b

Yes there are but this is aimed at the Irish players most uk companies arent interested in Ireland yet because the scene isnt big enough we hope to help it to grow and educate people to the New Sport of electronic eSports..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Yes there are but this is aimed at the Irish players most uk companies arent interested in Ireland yet because the scene isnt big enough we hope to help it to grow and educate people to the New Sport of electronic eSports..

So there are no tournaments held in Ireland yet? Are there many known Irish competitive players in online tournaments and things like gamebattles?

there are small events held during the year and there are several irish players competing on UK teams in call of duty, Starcraft and CS:GO..

LOL is by far the most popular with an event being held two weeks ago in Dublin with over 600 people in attendance and sponsored by Monster.

My idea will run along side this and they will grow together..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

There is not a big enough return available for a potential investor to get involved in Ireland and thus why no UK company (who probably has similar interests in the UK) has tried to replicate it here. Ireland is nearly always lumped in with the UK when it comes to marketing budgets from global company's.

I would advise you to keep promoting the recent event to make it bigger and better. With consistent growth you'll be able to attract more sponsorship and thus more prominent teams.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

I already invested in the banks

Kinet1c wrote: »
    There is not a big enough return available for a potential investor to get involved in Ireland and thus why no UK company (who probably has similar interests in the UK) has tried to replicate it here. Ireland is nearly always lumped in with the UK when it comes to marketing budgets from global company's.

I would advise you to keep promoting the recent event to make it bigger and better. With consistent growth you'll be able to attract more sponsorship and thus more prominent teams.

Ireland gets left behind on everything because we wait for everyone else to do it.. the initial investment can be reimbursed after three-4 events which is less than a year and a half.

The other event is limited on Games and platforms there allowed to use. but my plan isnt..

All feed back is welcomed

braddun wrote: »
    I already invested in the banks

Havent we all but unlike the banks youll get it back..Thanks for the constructive input

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭NotaSheep

Just a small bit of advice - not entirely sure about your offering based on the few bits of info given above, but what any investor is going to look at is where the growth is going to come from and where will they get their money back from. If you are intended to market to Ireland only, it is a limited market and a limited potential to grow sales (from what you say). Have you thought about what returns you can offer an investors and what your exit strategy is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

Ireland gets left behind on everything because we wait for everyone else to do it.. the initial investment can be reimbursed after three-4 events which is less than a year and a half.

The other event is limited on Games and platforms there allowed to use. but my plan isnt..

All feed back is welcomed

This is not about being left behind, it's about gaining a return on sponsorship/investment. Due to our market being so small, gaining % points in market share for someone like Dell/Intel/Creative/Sennheiser (all of which have offices here) or other firms is just not going to see them get a good return on their investment.

Multiplay & ESL have the vast majority of the market in Europe and the sponsors along with it.

It's not an impossible task but would require 100k and upwards to make a dent in their market share.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

as an investor, this proposition ticks no boxes, circular filing cabinet fodder! In my opinion, your only hope would be a focussed crowd-funding initiative targeted specifically at those active in theses games/space.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

This is already in the business partner thread where it belongs. Do not go starting multiple threads on the same topic..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement