Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Made tortilla soup but way too spicy

Options
  • 24-11-2014 7:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

I bought a new brand of chilli powder and turns out it is a lot hotter than my old brand....my soup is just way too spicy.
    It's already pretty thin, so I don't want to add more liquid to it. And i'm not sure dairy would go with tortilla soup.
    Any other ideas on how to take a bit of the heat out of it?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,436 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

ash2008 wrote: »
    I bought a new brand of chilli powder and turns out it is a lot hotter than my old brand....my soup is just way too spicy.
    It's already pretty thin, so I don't want to add more liquid to it. And i'm not sure dairy would go with tortilla soup.
    Any other ideas on how to take a bit of the heat out of it?
    thanks
    adding sweetness, particularly sugar, will help take the heat out of it. If that doesn't help, make another batch of the soup but omit the spice, then mix the two batches and it should help

• Registered Users Posts: 39,402 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

ash2008 wrote: »
    And i'm not sure dairy would go with tortilla soup.
    Mix some creme fraiche into it. That should take the edge off it, and the flavours go pretty well.

Advertisement