Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

christmas day 2014

• 24-11-2014 9:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭

Hi does anyone know what dadate Christmas day is this year in maynooth? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87 ✭✭raviravi

OttoPilot wrote: »

Just couldn't resist the same as every where else in the world 25th December!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭littleblackDRS

Its usually the last Monday before term ends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

OttoPilot wrote: »

25th of December at an educated guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lara_15

It's the 15th :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Dickie10

pity its not the last thursday, i have two lectures next morning at 9 + 10, the lecturers always reward those who struggle in with basically giving them the exam question! i went out to puke last year halfway thru , classy!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

They're making Christmas Day ticketed this year?! I am not impressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

They're making Christmas Day ticketed this year?! I am not impressed.

I think it's so that non-Maynooth students can't come down and wreak havoc. This has been a massive problem in other colleges when hosting similar events.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭Toshi101

tickets are free aswell

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I know that they're free but the general idea of Christmas Day was always that it was an all college day. Not limited by tickets. Everyone was in and out of the SU and you didn't have to plan a whole week before what you were doing. Sure the SU had barely anything to do with it until recently. It was just everyone turning up in Christmas jumpers and letting the madness happen!

I think it's the getting tickets a week before that annoys me most but getting tickets at all just seems to defeat the way Christmas Day works.

Also, Mickey Joe Harte needs to come back :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭pancake_tuesday

Long shot, but does anyone who's not going wanna give me their ticket?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Sad that people are so friggin' filthy that volunteers are being recruited to help with the clean-up around the village. Despicable behaviour really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

I wasn't around myself, but I heard reports of people being kicked out of Dunnes and stumbling around the streets drunk at 3pm, in or about the same time the kids would be heading home from primary school..

Shameful if its true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭granturismo

I wasn't around myself, but I heard reports of people being kicked out of Dunnes and stumbling around the streets drunk at 3pm, in or about the same time the kids would be heading home from primary school..

Shameful if its true.

Thats happened every year.

Advertisement