Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battery Query

Options
  • 24-11-2014 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭

Sort of a newbie question ...

I have a Ego Mini 400mAh battery. I'm looking at upgrading to a larger capacity battery. Something I noticed was that the first hits off the battery are great. But as the battery wears out there seems to be a drop off in performance. So my question; as the charge in the battery decreases should the hit decrease as well?

Or is it different with each battery?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

John83 wrote: »
    Sort of a newbie question ...

I have a Ego Mini 400mAh battery. I'm looking at upgrading to a larger capacity battery. Something I noticed was that the first hits off the battery are great. But as the battery wears out there seems to be a drop off in performance. So my question; as the charge in the battery decreases should the hit decrease as well?

Or is it different with each battery?

As the voltage drops, the performance will drop, unless you get a variable voltage battery. A 400mah battery will fade quite quickly as well.

The eleaf istick seems to be the thing to have these days, if you invest the €35 in one of these, vaping will never be the same again.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭nuttyboy79

As far as I know and someone with more knowledge will most likely come along and answer this properly but yes the ego batteries are unregulated and the hit will decrease as the charge goes. A regulated battery like an iStick or MVP will give you a consistent hit all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 RiversidePal

Yep that sounds bout right to me all the ego batteries I use start to tail off near the end of there charge,using a kanger emow vv bat now good performance from it dosen't decrease as battery wastes just stops dead when out of charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭dball

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I think it will be almost the same with any battery, any brand. As the power in the battery decreases, so will the quality of the machine. I upgraded to an X and have been quite happy with the strength of the battery and how long is lasts with the amount of Vapor I get with each hit.

You do know this is an Irish based forum right? No one is going to order a bloody ego and a ce4 from canada or america. Get a grip.

Mod: Removed url and brand

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

EGriff wrote: »
    You do know this is an Irish based forum right? No one is going to order a bloody ego and a ce4 from canada or america. Get a grip.

But this one has a "dual-coil atomizer with a huge 2.0 ml Cartridge/Tank and a massive 650 MAH bbattery"

Surely worth the shipping charges

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

But this one has a "dual-coil atomizer with a huge 2.0 ml Cartridge/Tank and a massive 650 MAH bbattery"

Surely worth the shipping charges

:pac:

Op, a 400mah battery won't last you p!ssing time.

If you want to stick with an ego battery, get an 1100mah one, most vendors charge about 20 quid for them.

Or, get an istick. 2200 mah, so much more powerful.

Advertisement