Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The most annoying speaking voice in Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

That kid from the Hello.ie ad.
    *cough*
    Sorry, I mean Hellooooo dotshhhhhhhhhh eye eeeeEEEEE! ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 277 ✭✭BBJBIG

ken wrote: »
    Them fücknut Healey-Rae's from Kerry.

Indeed.

They look like those Fooookin Retards out of the Film - "Deliverance" :-
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uzae_SqbmDE

Too much blooody In-Breeding in Kerry, if you ask me. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Shane McGowan ceh he he he😎

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Laura Palmer

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Sinead Desmond
    Yeh! Horribly snooty accent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Yerone MAAAR-AAA-Heeeeeed Fawr (throat sounds) ull off the Ray Darcy show.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Laura Palmer

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Prelim Drew, does the voice over at the start of the apprentice and every second advert.
    Ronnie drew's son actually.
    Agreed! It's these ridiculously haughty accents as if they've a rod up their bums that annoy me. I don't mean an accent that's a bit posh - that can sound nice, and I don't care once it's natural. But those extremely forced, stuck-up accents - how do they keep it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

newmug wrote: »
    Yerone MAAAR-AAA-Heeeeeed Fawr (throat sounds) ull off the Ray Darcy show.

I don't get that at all. She has a pretty normal voice, and nothing like what you've written.

I don't get that at all. She has a pretty normal voice, and nothing like what you've written.

Are you mad? She has one of those over-pronounce-ey Dublin suburb accents with a bit of sweet valley high thrown in. She pronounces "ray" as ray-ee, and eventhough she mentions "bra" 20 times per show, she still cant pronounce it right, it sounds like "brauer".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

that golf fella. graem macdowell
    wheres his accent from

He desperately wants to fool the yanks into thinking hes one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

newmug wrote: »
    Are you mad? She has one of those over-pronounce-ey Dublin suburb accents with a bit of sweet valley high thrown in. She pronounces "ray" as ray-ee, and eventhough she mentions "bra" 20 times per show, she still cant pronounce it right, it sounds like "brauer".

Seriously don't get what you're on about. I don't hear that in her voice at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 tough_rudder

Stephen Alkin
    George Hamilton
    Liam Brady
    Kenny Cunningham
    Eamonn Dunphy
    Trevor Steven
    Brad Fridel
    Ozzy Ardilles
    Your man that played league of Ireland and has about 6 Irish caps. Ah, Richie Sadler.

pretty much every soccer pundit and commentator on RTE. My god, they make the job for the boys of après match easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭itsnotmyname

Maeve Higgins

Seriously don't get what you're on about. I don't hear that in her voice at all.

Listen to this. Compare Mairead with Grainne. Listen to the way Mairead pronounces "older" at 14 secs. She says "Oh-ulder". And at 50 secs, "worn" becomes a guttural, throathy, fake California wo(throat)rn. Its actually hard to try and do that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLjub8lYQbU

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Cpt Sh!t Craic

Dáithí Ó Sé

I cringe every time I hear the exaggerated culchie in his voice...

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭homecouldbhere

Dáithí Ó Sé

I cringe every time I hear the exaggerated culchie in his voice...

+1
    But jesus we'd better mind ourselves now...he's from kerry. (D'untouchables)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭filbert the fox

anyone who uses the term Fine Gaoeoaoeghaoeoll!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

Rachel Allen went to Mount Anville; anyone going there drops the culchie accent on day 1 and takes on a D4 accent. I knew a girl who had the thickest Wickla accent and went to one of the more exclusive Southside schools. came back home with a perfect D4 speaking voice inside a week. Nothing like peer pressure to get you to dump the local accent in a heartbeat..........apart from that, Lorraine Keane's "rindabite" which grates on me like a dentist's drill; Dohhy O'Shea Kerrea schtick is awful but is actually perfectly normal for Kerry; Jorry Adams' command of Norn Irish is garbage to listen to, as is the weather forecast from one of the Donegal people on Met Eireann. I prefer the Polish girl who reads the forecast...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Katie Taylor for me to... ohh that voice...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Mary Lou, her voice is very harsh.

Accents that sound forced to the point where it is sometimes difficult to know what the person is saying, are hard to listen to.
    Sinead Desmond on TV3, Miriam O'Callaghan, and Rachel Allen are three that spring to mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Ba ba ba bertie thanks be to fcuk we don't have to listen to that stuttering bum anymore :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

The answers Cork, isn't it?

The true capital of Ireland ? You are right there .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Surely he's been mentioned already but it has to be Ryan Tubridy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭A_smurf

Ray Darcy, listened to him reading the newspaper headlines on his radio show the other morning and I had never heard anything so monotone and dull. Gone were the days he presented The Den, he had a bit of personality back then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Triboro

Niamh kavanagh has a peculiar accent, where's she from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Rachel Allen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

Pat Kenny , by a long shot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

Brian Clowen also comes across as an ignorant pig headed buffoon every time he's speaking in public.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I can't disagree with Katie Taylor
    The answers Cork, isn't it?

I have to turn off the RTÉ News whenver the Cork correspondant does a report. Jenny O Sullivan I think her name is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

I guess Paschal Sheehy/Plastic Sheeting must really tip you over the edge, so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

that guy who does the ad's for 'the phoenix'

WTF sort of a nasally accent is that? Only ad on the radio that makes me station jump immediately I so much cant stand to hear it. Baseball bat to the fcuking throat is called for.
    I can't believe nobody said this until page 4 of the thread.

When I saw the thread title, that Phoneix Magazine man came immediately to mind.

He sounds like someone parodying a nasal D4 accent, except it doesn't seem to be a parody. He also sounds like Dara Calleary TD.

I love Phoenix magazine, but cannot stand the ads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭hju6

Anyone on RTE who pronounces 'R' as 'UR'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

hju6 wrote: »
    Anyone on RTE who pronounces 'R' as 'UR'

I've noticed in the last while, some of them are saying ARE TEE EE instead of OR TEE EE

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭wilddarts

Shinaaaade Kiss - aaaaaaaane. TV3 "Sport".

Sweet sufferin jaysus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭chrysagon

Katie Taylor..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Nidge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Colinf1212

Got non stop compliments from Scottish and English women when I did a call centre job during the summer. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭filbert the fox

Gaa commentator Brian Carthy - up and down with the ball.
    Rte rugby commentator who feigns such excitement that he's indecipherable...

Sports correspondent on RTE who says Rory McIlroy med a 19ft putt.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭joe stodge

Conner mc Gregor. End thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Maia Dunphy. Just excruciating to listen to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Venus In Furs

Colinf1212 wrote: »
    Got non stop compliments from Scottish and English women when I did a call centre job during the summer. :D
    The Northern Ireland accent is quite delish on a man though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭BadMoonRising

sinead from winning streak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Too lazy to trawl through 13 pages, but if Willie O'Dea hasn't been mentioned, I demand a full, independent judicial inquiry. That bloke's voice could turn milk sour at a thousand yards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭dmc17

blueser wrote: »
    Too lazy to trawl through 13 pages, but if Willie O'Dea hasn't been mentioned, I demand a full, independent judicial inquiry. That bloke's voice could turn milk sour at a thousand yards.

There's a search function :pac:

Brendan O'Connor has to be worthy of a mention too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

That lad who owns daft.ie. What a tit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭IsaacWunder

conorh91 wrote: »
    that guy who does the ad's for 'the phoenix'

WTF sort of a nasally accent is that? Only ad on the radio that makes me station jump immediately I so much cant stand to hear it. Baseball bat to the fcuking throat is called for.

I can't believe nobody said this until page 4 of the thread.

When I saw the thread title, that Phoneix Magazine man came immediately to mind.

He sounds like someone parodying a nasal D4 accent, except it doesn't seem to be a parody. He also sounds like Dara Calleary TD.

I love Phoenix magazine, but cannot stand the ads.

The "Goldhawk calling" voice in the Phoenix ads are a parody of how Charlie Haughey spoke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

The "Goldhawk calling" voice in the Phoenix ads are a parody of how Charlie Haughey spoke.

It doesn't sound a bit like Haughey. Haughey's voice was far more placid. He spoke with a received Irish accent, at a noticeably lower pitch. It's quite easy to impersonate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Ursula Halligan from TV3 News. Like Bosco on mdma without the self awareness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 confused89

Rachel Allen - Don't know where she got the accent from

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭dmc17

confused89 wrote: »
    Rachel Allen - Don't know where she got the accent from

Next, we add some more buttttttttttterrrrrrrrrrrr to the sauce because you can never have too much buttttttttttterrrrrrrrrrrr in your sauce

• Registered Users Posts: 3 confused89

dmc17 wrote: »
    Next, we add some more buttttttttttterrrrrrrrrrrr to the sauce because you can never have too much buttttttttttterrrrrrrrrrrr in your sauce

HAHA total headwreck

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement