Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The most annoying speaking voice in Ireland

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

President Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Hockney wrote: »
    Or worse again, sticking a "th" in where it shouldn't be because you're a newscaster and everything needs a "th" don't you know.

He's the Taoiseach ya bellend, not the "Thaoiseach".

Matt Cooper, I'm lookin at you....
    Joe Duffy does it a lot also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

A lot of people from D4.
    Sorry to lump/any all of you together...but you know loike the accent I'm talking aboush roish ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Joan Burton by a country mile. Like nails on a chalk board.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Fieldsman wrote: »
    For me its that Donegal girl who reads the news in Irish with a very strong Donegal accent. she has an Irish name which I don't hnow
    I know her. She's actually a very nice person.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Joan Burton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Leo Varadker

Absolutely horrendous accent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

There's an accent I loathe that is pervasive in Irish media and actually, in young urban professional, especially young women. It's different from the much maligned D4 accent. It's the kind that pronounces 'party' as 'pardee', it's kinda... smarmy or something? Kinda like "Ugh, I can't be bother to speak with proper diction because I am WAY too cool for that shít."

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Not that one

Did not check every page but Newstalk's roving reporter/voxpop guy Henry McKeen annoys me more than he should.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

@tarzana2, on one of the radio ads, the female voice says "compuder" in a kind of breathy American-tinted accent...........the Bank ads about backing brave?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭jimbis

Plastic Sheeting, aarRTE News. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 Leeleather

Did not check every page but Newstalk's roving reporter/voxpop guy Henry McKeen annoys me more than he should.

He sounds quite slow, but you're not sure if he is actually slow or taking the p1ss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Sinaids Desmond

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭chewed

Leeleather wrote: »
    He sounds quite slow, but you're not sure if he is actually slow or taking the p1ss.

I always think he's trying to emulate Louis Theroux.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement