Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timer Switch for Boiler

Options
  • 24-11-2014 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi

I was installing a new timer for my boiler. the old one had 4 connectors Live in, live out, neutral in and neutral out the new one only has line in live out and neutral (the earth is separate altogether).

I asked a friend about the two neutrals and he said it would be ok to put them together which I did but now the boiler when switched on goes on and off every few minutes. Should the neutrals have been put together ??

The wiring in the wall has live and neutral (single cables) coming from the left and from the boiler side there are two of each

Any help appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

The neutrals can be connected together.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 del443

Thank you - I assume the going on and off is not related it probably needs to be bles

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Par1

del443 wrote: »
    Thank you - I assume the going on and off is not related it probably needs to be bles

Sounds like a stat needs to be turned up a little higher - that could explain constant on then off switching. Failing that then the boiler is tring to fire but is been restricted for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 3 del443

Thanks replies appreciated same happens even if stat is on highest and pilot light is coming on - but just notices the p[ressure is doen very low so maybe just needs to be services and bled out

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Par1

del443 wrote: »
    Thanks replies appreciated same happens even if stat is on highest and pilot light is coming on - but just notices the p[ressure is doen very low so maybe just needs to be services and bled out

Thanks again

Top up pressure with filling loop to 1.5 bar if you are comfortable doing it and know where it is in HP that will hopefully get you going, you are right the boiler will not fire under very low pressure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

What boiler do you have op?

Advertisement