Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor Series 2014 Post Show Thread *results inside*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Where does this leave Kane I think is the question on everyone's lips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Up in 2 hours but so worth it.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

bad enough undercard (ambrose - wyatt should have been better, just a strange match tbh) but wow, great main event.

nice to see sting but its about 10 years too late :s didnt look like he could move well at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Aye same. Have an exam at 2 and cramming from 7 but that last hour was a lot of fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,213 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

rovert wrote: »
    An excellent piece of Pro Wrestling that match and Sting's debut.

HOWEVER with that hair Sting looks like Mike Tenay in face paint.

Feck sake, can't be unseen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I am glad I stayed up to see that highly unexpected turn of events with Paul Wight. Oh yeah and Sting turned up too.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

BMMachine wrote: »
    nice to see sting but its about 10 years too late :s didnt look like he could move well at all

6 months of DDP yoga and he'd be grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Thought it would have been Orton rather than Sting to make the save, makes for a very interesting Raw now tomorrow though, glad I called one thing correct though on Big Show that no good back stabbing SOB.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Oh and sorry, but f**k sting - Ziggler being given a push and made look like a million dollars?! hell yeah. bout time.

DONT SCREW THIS UP VINCENT K. MCMAHON HES REALLY GOOD AND OVER DONT FEED HIM TO 40+ YEAR OLDS

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

J. Marston wrote: »
    [/B]
    Feck sake, can't be unseen.

B3Lc4J9CAAE1szG.png

Do you think Finn Balor was offered Sting's music when he was selecting an entrance theme?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Have they forgot about the post show?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Steph's facial expressions were great at the end.

B3Lp4X4CUAA6bw4.png

Stole the show.

I don't want to see Sting vs Undertaker - I fell asleep during Undertaker vs Brock Lesnar. That said, his intro reminded me of Taker's return at Judgement Day 2000. Gosh he looked really old.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

SURV14_Photo_219-716496217.jpg

Well okay then :)

I didn't expect the match to go down like that, pretty much everything except a Rusev countout was a nice surprise.

Sting appearing was out there but didn't expect him to be helping Dolph Ziggler be the lone Survivor.

Not often a two match PPV works out so well but that one did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

BMMachine wrote: »
    bad enough undercard (ambrose - wyatt should have been better, just a strange match tbh) but wow, great main event.

Don't know what match you were watching to be honest, probably Wyatt's best in-ring performance ever while Ambrose continues to be a star. Even if they did very much spell out for the fans that they will face each other at TLC it was still a fantastic match

Also, that 5-on-5 Elimination Tag natch is now my favourite of all time. Simply great from start to finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

That Show turn makes no sense, why do it half way through the match, after eliminating someone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

naughtb4 wrote: »
    That Show turn makes no sense, why do it half way through the match, after eliminating someone

I don't think most of Big Shows turns make much sense tbh.

Did anyone else think Cole, JBL and King had a fantastic show in the booth tonight? First time in a while where I wasn't wanting to watch with mute on.

Anyway main event delivered and then some. More questions than answers and it makes me want to watch Raw to see the fallout.

Also ****in' Sting! Finally got to see him on a WWE show!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭CSF

WWE seem to be trying very hard to turn this network around. This can only mean good things for the viewer.

Was never a WCW fan so the Sting thing didn't mean that much to me. For me it was all about Ziggler standing tall.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

naughtb4 wrote: »

Guess the idea is it wasn't pre-planned; it was that Show saw things going badly, so jumped ship.

I. Loved. That. Show.

Brilliant.

My face when Show hit Cena...

1310650820313.jpg

Dolph getting a massive push is probably the best thing to happen this year. Ambrose/Wyatt was solid and a great set up to TLC. The Divas elimination was actually pretty good. And the tag match was a great opener too.

But the final half hour of the show was fantastic. Just utterly brilliant. So happy, and was completly losing myself in the show once Cena got KO'd. Awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Sting turning up just didnt grab me, felt it was rather meh to be honest.

Now Ziggler finally and hopefully getting his time to shine, is just brilliant :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Annoyed I fell asleep during the main event only to find out my lectures are cancelled anyway! Anyone know where I can watch the match or highlights of it? Fell asleep soon after Henry was eliminated

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Split from the main thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Can honestly say I never thought I'd see Sting in a WWE ring! Awesome :)

Does anyone else think a Cena turn could be an eventual possibility leading from the whole "only Cena can bring the Authority back" deal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Can honestly say I never thought I'd see Sting in a WWE ring! Awesome :)

Does anyone else think a Cena turn could be an eventual possibility leading from the whole "only Cena can bring the Authority back" deal?
    Never.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Don't you dare get your hopes up and think Ziggler can't annoy the powers that be backstage again lads.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Say its more likely that an even bigger bad takes over (Heyman?) and Cena has to bring HHH/Steph back in a "Better the devil you know..." way.

Or, you know, they'll just show back up in a few months pretending it never happened....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Sting turning up just didnt grab me, felt it was rather meh to be honest.

Now Ziggler finally and hopefully getting his time to shine, is just brilliant :)

Same , after watching Sting in TNA the last couple of years it doesnt really excite me to see him in WWE now.

Great main event though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I enjoyed that;

4 way tag match was ok. It's astounding how over Sandow is. He looks so happy about it too. Taking that ball and running with it. Gonna laugh when he comes out with a pair of replica titles on RAW.

Reigns seemed better on the mic. Still comes across as very forced and unnatural though.

AJ and Nikki was weird. Pretty nasty of WWE if thats her sendoff. Her face suggested it was imo.

I enjoyed Ambrose v Wyatt. Good hard physical brawl, some of the clotheslines and shots were shots Stan Hansen would be proud of. Crowd was eating up Ambrose going all Pillman on Bray so TLC should be something else.

Main event was a surprise from a booking pov. Henry getting decked right at the start, Ziggler looking absolute god tier. Big Show's 463786436th heel turn. Only issue I had was Ryback dropping out so quick. Hurts his momentum(again).

Stinger showing up was something else. Obviously all the rumours had leaked out but I didn't truly believe it. Some scenes. Very fun main event and hopefully the start of a sustained top level push for Ziggler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

So what move actually put Rollins down?

A zig-zag that happened about 5mins earlier? WTF?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

So what move actually put Rollins down?

A zig-zag that happened about 5mins earlier? WTF?

Kinda reminds you of when HHH pedigreed Bryan last Summerslam when Orton cashed in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Meh, 40 min match, 2nd zig zag he took in a minute or so.

Wasn't that big a deal to me.

Would have been better of Sting hit him with a death drop too though.

Advertisement