Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

does wiring for immersion and central heating go in with first fix?

Options
  • 24-11-2014 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi everyone,

My query is just as it says in title. We are building a house and first fix is done. Thing is there doesn't seem to be any wiring for the immersion or central heating? Can anyone help me?

Tia

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Angel2009 wrote: »
    My query is just as it says in title. We are building a house and first fix is done. Thing is there doesn't seem to be any wiring for the immersion or central heating?

Simple answer, all wiring should be installed for first fix so far as is practical.
    There is unlikely to be a better opportunity to install wiring ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Par1

2011 wrote: »
    Simple answer, all wiring should be installed for first fix so far as is practical.
    There is unlikely to be a better opportunity to install wiring ever.

Simply call contractor , he wont mind the call especially if he forgot. Id be worried if he actually forgot. The heating is vitally important and i would go as far as future-proofing by wiring additional controls then noting their location and maybe covering them over unconnected obviously....best of luck with build.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Angel2009 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

My query is just as it says in title. We are building a house and first fix is done. Thing is there doesn't seem to be any wiring for the immersion or central heating? Can anyone help me?

Tia

I thought that would be obvious. Have you any idea how much easier it is to get cables down a wall before it is plastered/slabbed than after it has been done? :)

Advertisement