Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a roofer to fit vents in attic?

Options
  • 24-11-2014 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good roofer in the area to fit some roof vents in the attic to prevent condensation from building up?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

You shouldnt be getting condensation in your attic - Do you need more insulation first? or have you a bathroom extractor venting into the attic?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭patrickpc

homer911 wrote: »
    You shouldnt be getting condensation in your attic - Do you need more insulation first? or have you a bathroom extractor venting into the attic?

Attic is very well insulated - I have 2 extractor fans venting to the attic and then to the outside via a hole in the gable wall.

The vent uses flexible tubing - I checked for holes in the tubing but didn't find any and connections seem airtight. I have about 10 recess lights upstairs - 3 in each bathroom and 4 in a bedroom - but they are the sealed type suited for bathroom use.

The ventilation at the eaves of the house may be blocked up by insulation so pulling this back might help? I spotted some drips on the felt so need to get it sorted soon.

Advertisement