Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newstalk - Breakfast Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

pc7 wrote: »
    I really like Cieran Cuddihy, could listen to him all day.

PC vote for the most PC wannabe on Irish Radio :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Stoolcup wrote: »
    Shane Coleman must be the happiest man in Ireland at the moment. I haven't listened to the programme for months because of Williams. I hope they don't replace him with another obnoxious loudmouth.

Peter Casey,...you heard it here first:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Dick Swiveller

delaad wrote: »
    Peter Casey,...you heard it here first:D:D:D

That would be glorious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭dball

Every time I turn on newstalk they are either on an ad break, going to an ad break, coming back from an ad break or talking about what's coming up later in the show!

Last night he came back from an ad break and told us what was coming up after the break, before going to an ad break about 5 minutes before the news.

Needless to say he came back from the ad break (the 2nd one) spoke for about 2 seconds and went into the news headlines.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭5555555555

jay0109 wrote: »
    It'll be a woman of the very PC/feminist type. Ciara Kelly maybe :eek:

They've tried stroppy women in the morning before. It hasn't worked out well.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 302 ✭✭Muscles Schultz

5555555555 wrote: »
    They've tried stroppy women in the morning before. It hasn't worked out well.

Yeah. Bring back Norah Casey (said no one ever)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Dick Swiveller

Wouldn't mind a Colette Fitzpatrick return. I really miss her biting wit, sense of humour and easy going nature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,462 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

PC is becoming trendy.

Won't be long now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

UsBus wrote: »
    Coleman is very condescending. I'm no fan of Alan Quinlan but Coleman is constantly on his heels. Its like he's trying to lead him through the sports news because he thinks Quinlan doesn't know enough about it or he's too slow for Coleman's liking..

He'd be right on both counts. Quinlan is atrocious on anything other than rugby Munster Rugby.

A few weeks ago for one of the European weekends he predicted all 4 Irish Provinces would win. 1 of the 4 did (Leinster lost narrowly and unexpectedly); but at best we were looking at 2 from 4 with Ulster and Connacht away. How he thought Ulster would win in Paris when they were playing like sh*t is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭ozzy78

Bring back Ivan to the morning slot! Nice to get a bit of light hearted banter in the morning instead of Coleman/Williams bickering.

• Advertisement

ozzy78 wrote: »
    Bring back Ivan to the morning slot!

Lol.

Not a chance he'd be getting up that early. By many accounts he barely made it in on time when he was doing it previously, skipping production/pre-show meetings and winging it.

Hearing him wind Coleman up would be funny though. He's basically just a much smarter version of Williams if you think about it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

jay0109 wrote: »
    PC vote for the most PC wannabe on Irish Radio :p

Ah I like him, he doesn’t take himself seriously and regularly says ‘I know you’ll all start texting I’m a snowflake’

I really need to consider a new username, only picked this as I was in a room with 7 pc’s. I’m not some trendy pc person, I skirt the dark side ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

I really like Cieran Cuddihy, could listen to him all day.

I'm surprised at that as he espouses what seems to be the most hated trait around here, a leftie PC leaning, more so than most other Newstalk presenters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Cuddihy is good but I think he is a bit too similar to Coleman for programme to work. I find Andrea Gilligan a bit too wooden but she would be better for the programme.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Is Dil available?

Hurrache wrote: »
    I'm surprised at that as he espouses what seems to be the most hated trait around here, a leftie PC leaning, more so than most other Newstalk presenters.

I have no problem with PC given what the anti PC has thrown up.

Williams was as PC as the next guy,he just went on about ****ing "snowflakes".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

kneemos wrote: »
    I have no problem with PC given what the anti PC has thrown up.

Williams was as PC as the next guy,he just went on about ****ing "snowflakes".

Nor I, but this forum in general has a large vocal resistance to it. Cuddihy would be at the receiving end of it before his first show is out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 987 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

I nearly choked on me coddle after reading this. This has really made my day. I will be turning back the dial again back to Newstalk in the mornings. I have not listened since he was on.
    Good riddance to the idiot.
    Time to crack open a beer to celebrate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I have to say I like NT. I know it ain't perfect but at least it is not RTEireann.

I think Ciara Kelly would shake them all up. Ha fecking ha. But you'd never know.

At least we can talk about some other station now. Maybe Niall Boylan could be enticed with bobs to help out with his straight talking. Now that would be a miracle!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭prunudo

Did I hear a dig from Pat at the end of the show today as well? Something about the highlight of the show being him saying goodbye? I was only half listening so could have picked it up wrong.

Yeah there was definitely something, didn't catch it properly but he definitely muttered something smart, can't even remember what he said, but thought to myself that was odd thing to say.

Also, please don't give it to Susan Keogh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭eam77

Shane beatty, formerly kfm, has just joined newstalk. Wonder if he was signed up to replace someobe long term. Maybe that time is now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

Source?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭eam77

Source?
    No source. Just heard him reporting about the school closures and was wondering if he could be in the running. Aparently was well respected on kfm. Came accross well when he was on with vincent browne on tv3.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Redneck Culchie

I have to say I like NT. I know it ain't perfect but at least it is not RTEireann.

I think Ciara Kelly would shake them all up. Ha fecking ha. But you'd never know.

At least we can talk about some other station now. Maybe Niall Boylan could be enticed with bobs to help out with his straight talking. Now that would be a miracle!
    If it was NIall Boylan I might start listening to Newstalk. Or give Hook a go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭iHungry

....and all that good stuff.

....thank you for that!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

Maybe they'll bring in Susan Keogh? She ticks a lot of boxes. She's female, has presented The Last Word and is a feminist, right on PC Liberal type. And she moved across from Today FM not all that long ago..

Susan would be a good shout. Enjoyed listening when she took over the last word.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Fantastic news. It will be definitely a woman that replaces him but they must trawl through the media classes to find somebody remotely right wing. Hard to find, I know but the show needs a Ying and Yang to work

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Dil Vikramywhatever and Georrrrge Hook to begin new breakfast show on Monday morning.

Could you imagine.....

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

Uncharted wrote: »
    Dil Vikramywhatever and Georrrrge Hook to begin new breakfast show on Monday morning.

Could you imagine.....

:pac:

I'm not sure I'd like to listen to it but I sure as hell would love to see it televised

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Great news. Might turn the dial back now. Wouldn’t be devastated if Coleman goes but wonder would he be better with someone else beside instead of Williams.
    Wonder is Vincent Wall ever considered, always found him easy to listen to for the business segment.

How about Vincent Browne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Stoolcup wrote: »
    Wouldn't mind a Colette Fitzpatrick return. I really miss her biting wit, sense of humour and easy going nature.

What about Katherine Thomas!

What about Katherine Thomas!

Good idea actually. Everytime there was a terrorist incident she could phone her mum who could tell us about her lucky escape from the terrorists as she had once visited the site of the attack a mere 27 years previously.

And Katherine herself could tell us first hand every day about whatvits like being the first woman in history to give birth to a child.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,307 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Fantastic news. It will be definitely a woman that replaces him but they must trawl through the media classes to find somebody remotely right wing. Hard to find, I know but the show needs a Ying and Yang to work

I'd hardly call paul right wing, too be honest if you asked him which side of the spectrum he was on he would probably give you a completely different answer depending on the day and who he had talked to just before you.

His views on most things while sometimes aligned with right wing conservative ideology are more based more on his own idiocy and ignorance than any real political views.

VinLieger wrote: »
    I'd hardly call paul right wing, too be honest if you asked him which side of the spectrum he was on he would probably give you a completely different answer depending on the day and who he had talked to just before you.

His views on most things while sometimes aligned with right wing conservative ideology are more based more on his own idiocy and ignorance than any real political views.

Populist,if anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭Genghis

Both very well behaved today.

Flogging a non idea that broadband is maybe not really needed in rural areas - every text in to show going against this. Great money spinner at 30c a go.

Why not ask eir on to explain it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

How about Vincent Browne

Wouldn’t opppse vin b either but I’d say he is probably winding down at this stage.

How about Vincent Browne

Boorish.

Ian O'Doherty would be interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Williams giving his own obituary now.

Williams just announced he’s amongst other things going to do a Doctorate.....well that’s going to devalue doctorates overnight.

kneemos wrote: »
    Boorish.

Ian O'Doherty would be interesting.

It would be funny, but will never happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Was that actually a sincere eulogy from Shane?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭dball

close the door behind you

Bye Paul. You will be missed.........

......by absolutely no one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

And he's gone! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 987 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

The buffon is gone. Only need one station tuned into my radio again.

Passenger wrote: »
    Was that actually a sincere eulogy from Shane?

Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

He did give us plenty to talk about!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Did they say who'd be replacing him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Did they say who'd be replacing him?

Well in the news talk app Williams picture is gone and there is Coleman and the donegal girl who is on at 6am

bazermc wrote: »
    Well in the news talk app Williams picture is gone and there is Coleman and the donegal girl who is on at 6am

Andrea Gilligan

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement