Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newstalk - Breakfast Show

1838485868789»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭Tork

I see Ciara is trending on Twitter at the moment for her thoughts on the antics at the anti-lockdown protest on Saturday. Either her memory is short or she sees what way the wind is blowing on this. While a lot of people have questions about the anti-Covid measures being taken in this country, the shenanigans on Saturday cast protests against them in a poor light.

https://twitter.com/NewstalkFM/status/1366311345109561344?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Ciara has 4 degrees - new fact this morning. Good to see them being put to good use on Newstalk. As for Seachtain na Gaeilge....God help us.....

I think she was confused, I seen her on the Restaurant last night and she got 4 stars.. that must be what she meant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Tork wrote: »
    I see Ciara is trending on Twitter at the moment for her thoughts on the antics at the anti-lockdown protest on Saturday. Either her memory is short or she sees what way the wind is blowing on this. While a lot of people have questions about the anti-Covid measures being taken in this country, the shenanigans on Saturday cast protests against them in a poor light.

Delighted to see so many people (male AND female) calling her out for her double-speak.

Tork wrote: »

Some great tweets and replies there. Worth a read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Some great tweets and replies there. Worth a read.

:D:D:D

https://twitter.com/LeftistDad/status/1366317793738694658

Yes that one is particularly accurate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,039 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Got any more?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Frank McDonald will be on this morning to discuss high rise buildings and in particular the proposed 45 storey proposal by Johnny Ronan. Ciara usually has a Barney with him and doesn’t let him speak so should be interesting.

• Advertisement

According to Ivana, men going to get w@NK leave, so to speak? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,835 ✭✭✭Allinall

Frank McDonald will be on this morning to discuss high rise buildings and in particular the proposed 45 storey proposal by Johnny Ronan. Ciara usually has a Barney with him and doesn’t let him speak so should be interesting.

Aw... you must be gutted.

Wow, you really do hate her lol

I think it does demonstrate hypocrisy, a complete change of mind. Don't listen much to this show. From what I do hear CL is a highly articulate broadcaster but I would not be in agreement with her opinions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

The Fake Debate again this morning. You can imagine the production meeting in the morning.

Ciara Kelly: "We're talking about the new development. Do you want to take the For side of the debate or the Against side?"
    Shane Coleman: "Oh no no no Ciara, ladies first. "
    Ciara Kelly: "Are those your b@lls on the floor, Shane?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭Azatadine

She's extremely crass.

• Advertisement

Playing the man not the ball again I see, nice. Compiling a short list of tweets now constitutes hate? Wow.

Would you or any of the CK supporters who thanked your post care to comment on what she said yesterday? Or would you prefer to remain silent on that and instead make assumptions about my feelings about her?

Allinall wrote: »
    Aw... you must be gutted.

Stopped listening at 7:10ish. From the looks of it though, you’re gutted that I’m not gutted.

For those of you who are new to the thread, calling out Ciara Kelly on her double speak amd providing examples of same = hate.

Interesting.

Great to see all of the Ciara supporters back on the thread. I was worried by your complete silence yesterday.

4 posts in a row, B. Never a good look.

Come on, you posted a ridiculous amount of tweets when one would suffice. It made the thread a nightmare to open for the morning.

Look, we get you don’t like the woman. That’s fine. Just, please, don’t give us every other twitter user’s opinion, who also doesn’t like Dr. Kelly, as some sort of “corroboration”, or justification, of this hatred.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement

Come on, you posted a ridiculous amount of tweets when one would suffice. It made the thread a nightmare to open for the morning.

Look, we get you done like the woman. That’s fine. Just, please, don’t give us every other twitter user’s opinion, who also doesn’t like Dr. Kelly, as some sort of “corroboration”, or justification, of this hatred.

:D:D i thought my iPad had packed it in.......or Boards has crashed again!

Look, we get you don’t like the woman. That’s fine. Just, please, don’t give us every other twitter user’s opinion, who also doesn’t like Dr. Kelly, as some sort of “corroboration”, or justification, of this hatred.

Why do you have to mention her sex?

Why do you have to mention her sex?

Look, I’m not getting into this off topic nonsense. You can give your opinion on the show, and the presenters, but you don’t need to provide the opinions of half of Twitter to justify your “stance”.

Especially seeing you’d already linked a twitter post and recommended people read the thread with the other replies.

If I had posted just 1, you’d accuse me of being selective and picking out just one example. The tweets I posted also include several completely contradictory statements from Ciara, but let’s avoid those completely shall we?

And again, just because I disagree with her and call her out on her double speak doesn’t mean I hate her. Why is it that if anyone disagrees with you (collectively) or your opinion that you state it must come from a place of hatred?

Are these all just a series of aversion tactics to avoid the issue? Seems so. Neither you nor any of your grouping of CK defenders ever seem to want to discuss the issue; you all seem more concerned with saying I (or indeed anyone else who dares to criticize Ciara Kelly) either hate her or are sexist misogynists, rather than actually debating what she herself has said.

I don’t accuse any of you of hating me because you disagree with me, but it’s fine apparently to say I hate her.

I’d genuinely be interested to hear your or anyone’s defence of her statements yesterday; from the exaggeration she used when describing the events of Saturday, to her completely contradictory messaging on lockdown over the past year.

Look, I’m not getting into this off topic nonsense. You can give your opinion on the show, and the presenters, but you don’t need to provide the opinions of half of Twitter to justify your “stance”.

Especially seeing you’d already linked a twitter post and recommended people read the thread with the other replies.

Off-topic nonsense? You’re the one refusing to debate the topic, playing the man rather than the ball, and accusing me of hating her. The irony!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

I turned it off this morning during a slot on miscarriage - I'm not sure what the guest was proposing, but there seemed little possibility of my discovering that either as she was talked over a few times on what seemed a pedantic point.

uberwolf wrote: »
    I turned it off this morning during a slot on miscarriage - I'm not sure what the guest was proposing, but there seemed little possibility of my discovering that either as she was talked over a few times on what seemed a pedantic point.

Absolutely. It was pedantic.
    CK was arguing constantly with Ivana Backik over the difference between taking Annual Leave versus Sick Leave when you have a miscarraige. I don't this this was the point of the discussion but the discussion got completely lost as Ciara tried to make her point. Over and over and over again .........:(

uberwolf wrote: »
    Absolutely. It was pedantic.
    CK was arguing constantly with Ivana Backik over the difference between taking Annual Leave versus Sick Leave when you have a miscarraige. I don't this this was the point of the discussion but the discussion got completely lost as Ciara tried to make her point. Over and over and over again .........:(

Why do you hate Ciara so much? Don’t you know she can’t be criticized?
    :rolleyes:

I know your comment is tongue in cheek but I don't hate her. I just don't like her :D. She is extremely opinionated and makes absolutely everything about herself. (Lunchtime Live was all about her) That's very unattractive in anyone let alone a presenter who should be impartial. She who shouts loudest comes to mind :rolleyes:

I don't like her so I mostly don't listen to the Breakfast Show anymore as it just annoys me, Shane Coleman too.......especially with their narrative over Covid !
    I have found that a lot easier than ranting about her all the time, just don't have to energy except for the odd occasion. She sure was pedantic this morning but I managed to reach the "off" button until Pat Kenny came on!

I know your comment is tongue in cheek but I don't hate her. I just don't like her :D. She is extremely opinionated and makes absolutely everything about herself. (Lunchtime Live was all about her) That's very unattractive in anyone let alone a presenter who should be impartial. She who shouts loudest comes to mind :rolleyes:

I don't like her so I mostly don't listen to the Breakfast Show anymore as it just annoys me, Shane Coleman too.......especially with their narrative over Covid !
    I have found that a lot easier than ranting about her all the time, just don't have to energy except for the odd occasion. She sure was pedantic this morning but I managed to reach the "off" button until Pat Kenny came on!

Why are you afraid of a woman with opinions?

• Advertisement

Dude, let it go. You can’t honestly say you like Dr. Ciara Kelly?

I, personally, think it’s, downright, madness that you listen to the show everyday. And don’t be giving that “the radio is set and I don’t control it”, the other day you went listening back to some piece involving Dr. Kelly. That’s going out of your way to get “worked up” over a radio presenter in my book.

Why are you afraid of a woman with opinions?

ugh..........I don't have the time or the energy for this. I gave you an explanation already. I don't like CK, I rarely listen anymore. There's more to life than going back and forth with this. Over and out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Christ somebody is excited this morning.

I guess there is no difference in some people's mind about criticism of programne topic and how it was handled and Katie Hopkins/screeching nonsense.

BTW I don't think I ever overly criticised anyone on radio for their opinion. I don't feel I need to listen only to presenters whose opinion I share.

meeeeh wrote: »

I guess there is no difference in some people's mind about criticism of programne topic and how it was handled and Katie Hopkins/screeching nonsense.

Any comment on yesterday?

I don't like her so I mostly don't listen to the Breakfast Show anymore as it just annoys me, Shane Coleman too.......

I’d take Coleman over Chris Donoghue any day. Thought he was dreadful when he was on.

Dude, let it go. You can’t honestly say you like Dr. Ciara Kelly?

I, personally, think it’s, downright, madness that you listen to the show everyday. And don’t be giving that “the radio is set and I don’t control it”, the other day you went listening back to some piece involving Dr. Kelly. That’s going out of your way to get “worked up” over a radio presenter in my book.

Any comment on yesterday? Genuinely curious? Or just here to have a go at me?

Any comment on yesterday?

No because I didn't liste neither I care enough to listen. I'm not actually obsessed with Ciara Kelly and her opinions. I don't get triggered by what radio presenters think.

However just to keep you happy I can tell you she was utterly wrong when she said Birkenstocks are not fashion.

BTW I don't think I ever overly criticised anyone on radio for their opinion. I don't feel I need to listen only to presenters whose opinion I share.

Ah, neither do I.

Which is it? Don’t listen to Ciara because I disagree with her opinion (the frequent turn off the radio if you don’t want to hear her defence), or only listen to presenters that I agree with?

Make up your minds folks.

No because I didn't liste neither I care enough to listen. I'm not actually obsessed with Ciara Kelly and her opinions. I don't get triggered by what radio presenters think.

However just to keep you happy I can tell you she was utterly wrong when she said Birkenstocks are not fashion.

Neither am I, despite what you think. Great you all get so worked up defending her though.

• Advertisement

Breathe, breathe, breathe slowly...

Mod - this thread going on pause again to give the lot of ye a break from the futile bickering which serves no purpose

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement