Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese takeaway

Options
  • 24-11-2014 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi I am looking to open a Chinese takeaway I am kind of new to the hole thing just want to know what you's think it would cost to open one the place is 55sq feet which I believe is just about big enough .Need to know who can I get to fit out the hole place and where to go for the food ? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Start up costs are going to mainly depend on the condition and location of the unit you take. I would imagine there will be quite a few HSE hurdles you have to jump between taking the unit and opening so allow quite a large contingency fund (and living funds) to allow for that extended time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Skinny11

The condition of the building is very good just needs fitting who could i ask to fit it ?

Google shopfitters and the location. It will probably be at least double what you are expecting!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭NotaSheep

I think you need to do a bit more research. I presume you have assessed the location as to parking possibilities and footfall potential. First thing you need to know whether the building has adequate planning permission to allow a restaurant/takeaway. Also you will want to know whether it has a current fire certificate. You will also need to have the premises approved for food production, your local health office will give you guidance on requirements for fit-out (e.g. 2 sinks, separate preparation surfaces for meat, storage requirements etc) see fsai.ie. How much it would cost is a bit of a 'how long is a piece of string' question. It depends what equipment you are putting in etc. You could buy some second hand, as well, for example.

Yes have looked at all of that and I was looking to find someone that fits takeaways so it would pass food regulations no problem at all , I was also thinking around 30,000 euro would get it started or am I dreaming ? Thanks for the reply's

• Advertisement

Skinny11 wrote: »
    Yes have looked at all of that and I was looking to find someone that fits takeaways so it would pass food regulations no problem at all , I was also thinking around 30,000 euro would get it started or am I dreaming ? Thanks for the reply's

30k total or is that getting it open? Again that's going to depend on how much work needs to be done to get it up to scratch if it was a unit that wasn't existing take away that 30k would probably only get you a kitchen. On top of your opening costs I would suggest having a minimum of 3 months operating funds and 6 months of living funds. Not sure of the numbers but I would have thought upwards of 60% of orders are delivery and it will take time to gain your market share in that area as people stick to what they know.

30K just to get it open another 10k to operate I believe it won't take long as there is only 1 fish and chip shop in the area

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Skinny11 wrote: »
    30K just to get it open another 10k to operate I believe it won't take long as there is only 1 fish and chip shop in the area

It will take at least a year to get to a profitable level imo

You will be open for 6 months before people even realise you exist.

Advertisement