Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Land regsitry query

Options
  • 24-11-2014 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, currently having an issue with house sale, having walked our boudary fence with gps and viewing online the satilite map shows that I walked over neighbours side of fence and over their roof!! Is this an easy or quick thing to get land registry to fix? Surely its obvious when they check on their own satilite image on landregistry.ie website the same thing? Red line through neighbours roof, anyone have this issue? Quick fix or not? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

How accurate is your GPS? For surveying purposes I'd imagine a differential GPS with sub-metre accuracy is required. Most handheld GPS units are not very accurate and can be +/- 10 metres or so.
    Clearly you didn't walk over the neighbour's roof so it's possible there is a mapping error...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 weekend2014

Thanks zzippy.
    but even if my handheld device is out a few metres the line i got with my device is still nearly pretty much the same line as on landregistry site, ie. Their red line goes over neighbouring house and pretty much traces my line, so the land registry map must be off surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Well if the 2 lines (yours and LR) match up, and you didn't actually walk over a house, it sounds like there's a mapping error alright. As you walked the boundary line with the GPS, the boundary as shown on the LR map is probably right, but the house is probably shown in the wrong place. Have you got a screenshot?

Zzippy wrote: »
    Well if the 2 lines (yours and LR) match up, and you didn't actually walk over a house, it sounds like there's a mapping error alright. As you walked the boundary line with the GPS, the boundary as shown on the LR map is probably right, but the house is probably shown in the wrong place"
    yes exactly zzippy. So surely prai should rectify easy enough? Or is it! How long does this usually take? Realky worried both house we are selling and one we are buying could fall through on this issue!

Anyone go through similar recently? How long did it take to remedy? Any positive outcomes?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭AfterHrsProp

Anyone go through similar recently? How long did it take to remedy? Any positive outcomes?

OP, you need to contact the local planning office in your local county council immediately. I've come across this type of situation before in house sales & its delayed/stopped the sale from going ahead.

You also need to speak to your neighbor directly & potentially other neighbours around you to see if a solution can be worked out.

I'm aware of a site recently that was unable to get planning permission because of an issue with the boundary.

You should contact the engineer you used when you purchased the property in the first place as well. See why he didn't pick up on these issues

Advertisement