Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW 24-11-14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Looks like Hornswoggle got a new laptop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Im glad i didnt wait up for that, i wonder how many tv remotes big slow could hear clicking off along with the whispers,

Good to see Zigglers momentum was kept up, getting the win at the end and hitting his finisher on rollins to end the show.

And finally the Anonymous GM is back and promises disciplined order or something like that next week, not with a certain hall of famer backstage there wont :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Terrible Raw as usual. Kicking things off with 27 minutes of talking.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Well, that was a bummer.

Bryan back was great, but the segment dragged one way, way too long.

The Anonymous GM ending was horrible; they finished that story and character up weeks ago. Please, please tell me they'll quickly note that Hornswoggle was revealed as the character and not pretend he wasn't.

Meanwhile, it was mostly just the faces bullying the heels all night, and I get what they were aiming for....just don't feel they hit it at all :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

How to completely piss away your momentum in one show.

Well done WWE.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

The anonymous GM is back??

I honestly didn't think creative in this company could get any worse!

That Larry the cable guy is the human form of cringe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

May I have your attention please. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZigler rules.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭CSF

It's as if an emergency board meeting was called after Survivor Series to address the fact that they'd put on a good show.

The upside down Sheamus joke and Mizdow were the only good parts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

CSF wrote: »
    It's as if an emergency board meeting was called after Survivor Series to address the fact that they'd put on a good show.

The upside down Sheamus joke and Mizdow were the only good parts.

I also like AJ's line to the Bellas, although for obvious reasons, there was clearly no need to include Nikki in her assertion ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I also like AJ's line to the Bellas, although for obvious reasons, there was clearly no need to include Nikki in her assertion ;)

I thought it was funny that, of all the people to issue the line, they had Mrs Punk admonish Mrs Bryan and Mrs Cena for sleeping round with top guys....

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Wrestling is like smoking and the last two nights are prime examples.

They get you hooked young and it's great at the start. Then you hate yourself when you realise how silly it is. Then every now and then, you get a moment that gives you a glimpse of what it was once like to you - a perfect moment. And then it's muck again and you chase that moment for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Deadlie wrote: »
    Wrestling is like smoking and the last two nights are prime examples.

They get you hooked young and it's great at the start. Then you hate yourself when you realise how silly it is. Then every now and then, you get a moment that gives you a glimpse of what it was once like to you - a perfect moment. And then it's muck again and you chase that moment for years.

Thanks, I now loathe myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The anonymous GM laptop is back, oi vey *facepalm*, Triple H was right....... Bring back The Authority.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,213 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I thought it was funny that, of all the people to issue the line, they had Mrs Punk/Mrs Bryan/Mrs Kane/Mrs Cena/Mrs Ziggler admonish Mrs Bryan and Mrs Cena for sleeping round with top guys....

TlaaFJXA_400x400.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

To be honest, the anonymous GM isn't the worst thing in the world. It could be a lot worse. Also, if it means Michael Cole might be turning heel again I can live with it to be honest!

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    To be honest, the anonymous GM isn't the worst thing in the world. It could be a lot worse. Also, if it means Michael Cole might be turning heel again I can live with it to be honest!

230114_908223010.png

Moneymaker wrote: »
    230114_908223010.png
    To be fair, the Anon GM was actually a good idea (the reveal of who it was sucked balls) and Michael Cole was a very good heel commentator.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The Anon GM was good in theory, in execution not so much, plus it led to Michael Cole getting too full of himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,213 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It's just a very lazy plot device. People may have been sick of The Authority by the end but the characters had motivation and were great heel figures, Stephanie especially, who the crowd interacted with.

Now the authority figure is just a laptop. The crowd are going to groan every time it goes "beep beep".

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    It's just a very lazy plot device. People may have been sick of The Authority by the end but the characters had motivation and were great heel figures, Stephanie especially, who the crowd interacted with.

Now the authority figure is just a laptop. The crowd are going to groan every time it goes "beep beep".
    *sigh*. Not sure how many times I have to say this (I've said it multiple times on different threads) wrestling is all about the pay-off. The reason the Anon GM sucked last time was because the pay-off sucked. Look at how different WWE is now compared to that moment. Most stories have a pay-off at some stage (The Authority being beaten at Survivor Series is the latest pay-off).

If the Anon GM is done properly this time it can be very good pay-off wise. If it gets you talking and gets you guessing. That's the way wrestling story-lines should be. You shouldn't be spoon-fed everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Bring back Vickie as GM

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Anon GM is probably a one week thing. Different GM each week to play up to the disorganisation idea with the Authority gone.

To be fair, the Anon GM was actually a good idea (the reveal of who it was sucked balls) and Michael Cole was a very good heel commentator.

Yeah but it ran it's course very quick.

Hopefully it's only a one time thing.

Or else it's Edge :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

andyman wrote: »
    Anyone else exceedingly bored of Wyatt?

Yep even prefer Rowan and Harper now over him

If we've just gotten rid of a heel GM it's absolutely mental to just bring in another heel GM. It's just boring now. And my God the sounds of that laptop at the end of Raw is what cancer would sound like if you could hear it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭CSF

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Yep even prefer Rowan and Harper now over him

As someone who has notoriously been critical of both Bray Wyatt and Ryback, it's very interesting to see both of them 'repackaged' within a short time going back to what they were supposed to be in the beginning.

Ryback has been like a breath of fresh air, he has figured out what people liked about him during his heel role, and added it to his face character now, to make it a little bit more interesting than just 'feed me more'. Wyatt has still been identikit feud/promo, unremarkable matches.

Indicates to me that it was the booking that dropped the ball with Ryback whereas Bray Wyatt just isn't that talented.

CSF wrote: »
    As someone who has notoriously been critical of both Bray Wyatt and Ryback, it's very interesting to see both of them 'repackaged' within a short time going back to what they were supposed to be in the beginning.

Ryback has been like a breath of fresh air, he has figured out what people liked about him during his heel role, and added it to his face character now, to make it a little bit more interesting than just 'feed me more'. Wyatt has still been identikit feud/promo, unremarkable matches.

Indicates to me that it was the booking that dropped the ball with Ryback whereas Bray Wyatt just isn't that talented.
    Despite the fact that Wyatt had a very good match with Ambrose you continue the crusade against him. I agree that Ryback had the ball dropped with him but Wyatt is still the best talker there and he can work good, stiff matches.

Despite the fact that Wyatt had a very good match with Ambrose you continue the crusade against him. I agree that Ryback had the ball dropped with him but Wyatt is still the best talker there and he can work good, stiff matches.

You know I like Bray but his promos are getting very repetitive now you gotta admit. A lot of what he is saying to Ambrose is just the same promos from the DB/Cena feuds rehashed. I need to see more from him. His motivations, why he does what he does. He still hasn't explained why he attacked Ambrose.

I liked the match though, good brawl. Bray moved around the ring a lot quicker then usual and I think another 5-10 mins we could have seen an awesome match. I think TLC will give us that.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

How else will Sami Zayn get over on the main roster other than the return of heel Michael Cole!

Advertisement