Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question regarding electric shower

Options
  • 24-11-2014 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭

forgive me, I don't know much about showers!!

current system :3 hours of immersion on is giving me a 9 1/2 minute shower.
    apparently a professional checked everything out and landlord says everything checked out. I am obviously less than happy

landlord has offered to install a "mains fed power shower", with a warning regarding water pressure (Dublin 12)

when he says mains fed power shower - this does mean instant hot shower though right?

regarding the pressure, i presume if the pressure is low, (below one bar) he won't install it will he? or do i need to point this out

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,092 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

guile4582 wrote: »
    forgive me, I don't know much about showers!!

current system :3 hours of immersion on is giving me a 9 1/2 minute shower.
    apparently a professional checked everything out and landlord says everything checked out. I am obviously less than happy

landlord has offered to install a "mains fed power shower", with a warning regarding water pressure (Dublin 12)

when he says mains fed power shower - this does mean instant hot shower though right?

regarding the pressure, i presume if the pressure is low, (below one bar) he won't install it will he? or do i need to point this out

Is it a house or apartment?
    Is all the water pumped?

Also you would have been better posting this in the plumbing section as your questions seem to be more about water pressure than electrics

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

its an apartment, yes the water pumps

in my hot press is the water tank and the immersion tank

• Registered Users Posts: 17,092 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

guile4582 wrote: »
    its an apartment, yes the water pumps

in my hot press is the water tank and the immersion tank

Ok here's what seems to be happening. The pump is so powerful that you are going through a full tank of water in 9.5 minutes. I'm guessing you are using 15 to 20 litres of water per minute.

Your landlords suggestion of fitting a mains fed electric shower is a good solution. As the apartment is pressurised (has a pump) you wouldn't actually be fitting the mains fed shower to the mains. You'd be taking it from the cold water supply. Being electric it will heat the water. However it can only heat 3 to 5 litres per minute. Most people are happy with this but you might be a bit disappointed if you are used to 15 to 20 litres per minute.

Your landlord seems to want to keep you happy. Getting this electric shower installed will set him back around €600.

Advertisement