Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

where to get a wax coated jacket?

• 24-11-2014 2:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I was wondering if anyone might know where I could get a wax jacket (I'm not really sure what they're called). Its for my mom for Christmas. She had one years ago but lost it, and she really loved it, it was cozy and water-proof. Thanks in advance for your help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

Barbour have a shop in Kildare Village now and stock wax jackets (or they did last time I was there). The discounts were ok, but not amazing. As far as I remember, Barbour are also stocked in BTs and House of Fraser, so you could check there to see if they have the wax jackets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

I was in George's St Arcade this evening and one of the stalls has some second hand waxed jackets - the quality was pretty good. I don't know if you're on a very tight budget, but that could be worth a look, though as it's a present it may not be what you're after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Believe it or believe it not I got a gorgeous "wax effect" one in tesco a few weeks ago. Two different people have asked is it Barbour. I'm delighted with it and when I was in last weekend they had them back in a lighter colour than mine. Might be worth a look?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

There are loads of barbour wax jackets on sale on a site called outdoor and country. Great discounts! Gonna nab myself one now too!

Advertisement