Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New runners - advice as to wear points

Options
  • 24-11-2014 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm only a short runner. In fact lets call me a light jogger. I'll generally do 5 or 6km every morning and then the odd 10km.

I tend to change my shoes maybe once a year and have had Nike Lunar Glides for the last two years. I got my first pair based off a GAIT analysis from a high street sports shop. And then just repeated the purchase last year.

Anyway its that time of year and whilst I would love to somewhere proper and get an analysis like Amphian King I just don't get the time with work and a child at the weekend.

So can anyone advise whether lunar glides are ok? I think I supinate. Wear pattern is on the mid part of the shoe and hard wearing on outside of heals. I've attached a pic I found that matches online. And they even seem to be lunar glides.

Thanks folks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭dna_leri

If your current shoes work for you then there is no reason to replace them with a different type.
    I would think that is a pretty normal wear pattern.
    Lunarglides are as good as any other running shoe.
    The great thing about a repeat purchase is you can shop around online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

thanks. that's my thinking. I hate replacing runners though when you look from above and they seem fine. Its just the sole tells a different story. Like everything I guess.

Advertisement