Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New customer: Line capable of 24mb, am getting 8mb

Options
  • 24-11-2014 5:17pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 153 ✭✭

I've just returned to eircom following an horrific experience with Sky. Before I was with that mob I was getting constant eircom DL speeds of 12mb and 1mb uploads.

Now with my new €50pm business landline, mobile and 'up to 24mb broadband' my download speed has been reduced to 8mb whilst uploading is maxed out at a painfiul 512kbps.

What gives?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

mark_79 wrote: »
    I've just returned to eircom following an horrific experience with Sky. Before I was with that mob I was getting constant eircom DL speeds of 12mb and 1mb uploads.

Now with my new €50pm business landline, mobile and 'up to 24mb broadband' my download speed has been reduced to 8mb whilst uploading is maxed out at a painfiul 512kbps.

What gives?
    Hi mark_79

Please PM me your eircom account or land line number and I will look in to this for you further

Thanks
    Al

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 153 ✭✭mark_79

mark_79 wrote: »

What gives?
    Hi mark_79

Please PM me your eircom account or land line number and I will look in to this for you further

Thanks
    Al
    Any news?

Also, I never received the Sony Xperia E I was offered when I signed up? Seeing as I'm paying for it as part of the package I'd like to know what's going on with that too.

I take it nobody at eircom gives a toss then?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Exact same thing happened me, after talking to 5 different people and huge amounts of bull****, they finally bumped my speed back up.
    Don't take any crap from them and I'd phone them if I was you, customer service is hardly their strong point and this forum is a great example of their incompetent.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jay1988

Sounds to me like the problem could be the line itself, if it is you'll have those problems no matter what provider your with, unless eircom come out do some work on it.

• Advertisement

jay1988 wrote: »
    Sounds to me like the problem could be the line itself, if it is you'll have those problems no matter what provider your with, unless eircom come out do some work on it.
    The line is absolutely fine. As I said, constant eircom speeds of 12mb, switched to Sky (who despite the trouble I had with them) bumped my speeds close to the 20mb mark, went back to eircom and it never goes above 8mb.

I have direct numbers to specific members of the eircom winback team and their email addresses but they've gone mostly unanswered......

"We'll get back to you" 

ffs,spent SIXTEEN minutes on the phone to Eircom before the line went dead.

Is anybody going to even pretend they want to help me out here?

Sky may have been incompetent, but they weren't as downright ignorant as the eircom staff.

Still no replies to the PM's I was asked to send......

Another day, same old crappy bb speeds, pm's gone unanswered, no sign of the mobile I got as part of my bundle, etc, etc....

One thing is for sure, I bet eircom won't take long getting back to me when they discover the grand total of f*** all is in my bank account when they attempt to debit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Is UPC available where you are?

Wouldn't touch eircom with a barge pole

• Advertisement
Advertisement