Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did you know for cash advances you only pay a one off interest fee?

Options
  • 24-11-2014 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Did you know for cash advances you only pay a one off interest fee?

I am with the Ulster Bank and I have a student credit card and I was short of money so I used the card to get a cash advance. Anyway I decided to go into a Ulster Bank branch to find out how much interest per day I will have to pay but the informed me that I only pay a one off interest fee at 21.1%.

Did you know that it is only a one off payment of interest for Cash Advances?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Come again - you 'only' (quoting you) have to pay a one-off fee of 21.1% :eek:

You were grossly misled with that answer or (more probably) you completely misinterpreted it. What is more likely is that you are charged daily interest and it's at an APR of 21.1%.

While most credit cards give you free credit on purchases provided you settle the monthly bill in full, it is invariably the case that you pay interest on cash advances every day from the date of withdrawal until you pay it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 playcold

Yeah I clearly asked them was it a day to day interest accumulating and she assured me it was a one off 21.1%. I don't know but that is what she told me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

playcold wrote: »
    Yeah I clearly asked them was it a day to day interest accumulating and she assured me it was a one off 21.1%. I don't know but that is what she told me.

Thats not correct, its 21% per year and a cash advance fee too.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You were either given bogus info, or completely misunderstood.

Advertisement