Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lenavo B50 streaming issue...

Options
  • 24-11-2014 6:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭

I recently bought a lenavo laptop and Im having problems streaming movies from the laptop to the TV.

The problem is when i put the HD cabe from the tv into the laptop it wont come up full screen on the TV. It makes watching movies impossible, is there anyway to get it full screen?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I recently bought a lenavo laptop and Im having problems streaming movies from the laptop to the TV.

The problem is when i put the HD cabe from the tv into the laptop it wont come up full screen on the TV. It makes watching movies impossible, is there anyway to get it full screen?

Can you clarify what you mean by this?

For example, if you make the movie full screen on the laptop, will it only show you a portion of it on the TV?

Perhaps a phone pic would help...

• Site Banned Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Shiraz 4.99

Right click on your desktop to bring up Screen Resolution.
    If you've connected your TV through HDMI it should show up as screen 2.

Problem is that your laptops screen settings are also been used by your TV which has more pixels available.
    Up the resolution of screen 2 to see if that helps, you may need to deselect screen 1 first under multiple display to show the full options for screen 2.
    If you do this then your laptop screen goes blank & you just work off the TV.

If still no joy visit your manufacturers site to download the newest video drivers, that will give you the full suite of options.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Also worth checking the TVs on screen menu. I have seen some TVs that have a "PC Mode" for HDMI connections that will adjust the size of the display to include the entire screen. Resolution is a good bet as well as above

Nick

Advertisement