Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finishing college in 5 months, but personal circumstances force me to change college.

Options
  • 24-11-2014 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭

Hey, I am due to finish college (BSc. in Computer Science) in NCI in 5 months, but some personal circumstances happened and I am forced to change college, specifically I cannot see or meet one person from my course.

Is there any way I can be transfered from one college mid year to another and continue the rest of 5 months there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I would say it is most unlikely.

Think about it - the college administration system probably does not facilitate students enrolling after a certain date, plus those undertaking a course would have sat a few assessments already, opening the question as to what you would have to do to catch up.

And finally, are you 100% guaranteed that you will have an exact match for courses in your current institute compared to another?

The only thing I can think of is that if you start in the 2nd semester after Christmas, that may just be an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    I would say it is most unlikely.

Think about it - the college administration system probably does not facilitate students enrolling after a certain date, plus those undertaking a course would have sat a few assessments already, opening the question as to what you would have to do to catch up.

And finally, are you 100% guaranteed that you will have an exact match for courses in your current institute compared to another?

The only thing I can think of is that if you start in the 2nd semester after Christmas, that may just be an option.

I wrote to college asking for transfer to same course as I am now but part time (evening) so technically it's exactly same, same diploma etc..

Alternatively I will ask for separate exam room. College facilitate that for people with decent reasons so I guess that would work for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

arleitiss wrote: »
    I am forced to change college, specifically I cannot see or meet one person from my course.

Unless there's a restraining order in place, I can't see that being a valid reason for anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

Yeah I am planning on asking for different exam room or skipping exams and repeating them. That kind of solves my problem.

Advertisement