Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drury Street

Options
  • 24-11-2014 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone ever traded on Drury St? Thinking of taking a unit there. How would footfall compare to South William St do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭YellowSheep

Hi Jimmii
    what type?
    Oliver

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Hi Jimmii
    what type?
    Oliver

General Retail.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭YellowSheep

There is a unit for lease. I had a sausage place in Georges Street Arcade. I loved the area. Especially Dury Street.

There is a unit for lease. I had a sausage place in Georges Street Arcade. I loved the area. Especially Dury Street.

Cheers. Contacted the agent earlier butbas always with them you have to go chasing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

I'd say footfall would be less than half of what's on South William Street. Not to say it isn't busy, but South William Street is always buzzing. I'd say most traffic down South William Street is going to/from Wicklow Street and the opposite end rather than turning towards Drury St, and a good chunk of those that do probably go straight through the arcade.

• Advertisement

Cianos wrote: »
    I'd say footfall would be less than half of what's on South William Street. Not to say it isn't busy, but South William Street is always buzzing. I'd say most traffic down South William Street is going to/from Wicklow Street and the opposite end rather than turning towards Drury St, and a good chunk of those that do probably go straight through the arcade.

Hmmm that's not great. Looking at the bid south William st numbers they aren't great shame they don't have the data for every street! Hard to get a unit on sgw st for good reason I guess!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

That whole area has a very mixed bag of punters, some are shoppers, many are cafe/bar/hangout flies. I would not attempt to rely on footfall numbers but rather would "count shopping bags" by spending time there during YOUR trading hours. I would seek to profile them on the socio-economic demographic of your type of customer.

We current trade out of capel st and have a lot of people say its a shame we aren't on the other side of town so there is already a customer base to work from and we have pretty good product exclusivity so we do have quite a few people who come specifically for us and its now time to grow a bit more so Dublin 2 would be ideal. The amount of times I hear its a shame you aren't on Grafton St or Henry St people seem to think its easy to open up there lol! Maybe one day!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

I would look hard at the shopping centres too. It might open up a whole new audience, instead of splitting the audience you already have. Expensive? For sure, but there's no cheap way when you're doing quality retail.

There are reasons we can't take the centre route unfortuanately definitely worth the extra you get what you pay for at the end of the day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,309 ✭✭✭✭endacl

jimmii wrote: »
    There are reasons we can't take the centre route
    Naughty shop?

:pac:

Advertisement