Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change course?

Options
  • 24-11-2014 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm in 2nd year of an arts degree - New media and Irish and I'm not sure if I really like it. I keep telling myself if I stick with it I'll be on placement next year and then I'll only have one more year left. Afterwards, I had hoped on going on to become a primary school teacher.
    But lately I've been tempted to drop out and go back and study music. I'm doing grade 8 piano so I could always teach this anyway without a degree. But I'd really like to teach music in school. If I drop out I'll have so much fees to pay so I'm wondering should I just stick with what I'm doing or should I follow my passion and do a music degree.

Advertisement