Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forbidden Fruit 2015 : May 30-31

Options
  • 24-11-2014 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Just seen this on their twitter feed. They usually don't announce acts until about March so I wonder have they got a big hitter lined up this year.

B3NCo5lCEAEQ1aP.png

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

You would hope so , with Longitude the last years and now Slane the same weekend next year i think they will need to pull something big out of the hat imo. The 2 years i went i really loved the festival though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Any idea on possible headliners?

I could see Alt J being announced but I'd say Longitude or EP is more likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

lc180 wrote: »
    Any idea on possible headliners?

I could see Alt J being announced but I'd say Longitude or EP is more likely.

Alt-J just sold out (or at least came very close to selling out) the Three Arena, no way they'd be at this or Longitude, I'd say.

Alt-J just sold out (or at least came very close to selling out) the Three Arena, no way they'd be at this or Longitude, I'd say.

I know what you mean but Kasabian also sold out the 3Arena a few years back prior to headlining FF so its not completely unthinkable that Alt J could be announced. I still reckon EP or Longitude though.

Never really heard of Alt J so no idea what festival they will do. Placebo/Interpol possibly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Never really heard of Alt J so no idea what festival they will do. Placebo/Interpol possibly?

Both would be fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Placebo and Interpol are both playing their own gigs with MCD too close to be booked for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Can't see Interpol commanding the interest of 3 nights in the Olympia and then an outdoor gig a few months later, all touring the same album, but I'd definitely be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

MCD indoor gig from Jan-Apr used to usually mean back for EP, could be Longitude too though.

ION: Field Day in London have announced their first acts, same weekend as FF so might get a few. same weekend as Primavera though, so will depend on what acts' schedules are. Could see Caribou and Django Django at FF.
    Confirmed acts for Field Day Saturday:

Caribou/ Ben Klock b2b Marcel Dettman/ Chet Faker/ Clark – live/ Daniel Avery b2b Andrew Weatherall/ Django Django/ Ghost Culture/ Hailu Mergia with Tony Buck & Mike Majkowski/ Jagaara/ Kindness/ Madlib (DJ set)/ Nina Kraviz/ Owen Pallett/ SOPHIE/ Tei Shi/ Ten Walls – live… and many more TBA!

Confirmed acts for Field Day Sunday:

Ride/ Patti Smith and her band perform Horses (1975-2015)/ DIIV/ Ducktails/ Jane Weaver/ Outfit… and many more TBA!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Laurel_Patente

Hey ho,

Have another thread going on about this but did anyone on here win tickets via the Facebook survey that was going on a few weeks back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Hey ho,

Have another thread going on about this but did anyone on here win tickets via the Facebook survey that was going on a few weeks back?

Missed it when it was on FB so I emailed them about doing it (chancing my arm really), no luck.
    I'd gladly pay into FF it's anywhere near as good as last year anyways

Wouldn't mind a bitta Madlib again

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭markmacken

As a Dublin resident, I enjoy going to "days out" at Forbidden Fruit (and Longitude). I'm too old for camping now, and I won't travel too far for one day out at a festival i.e. I'm not bothered going down to Stradbally for the Sunday of Electric Picnic. I have noticed a drop-off in the quality of acts at Forbidden Fruit in the last year or two though. Well, maybe that is just to do with my preferences. But I'm hoping that this upcoming announcement is going to breathe some new life into the event!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Laurel_Patente

Hozier and the Kaizer Chiefs supporting the Foos at Slane, any chance of either/both playing the Sunday of Ffruit?

Hozier and the Kaizer Chiefs supporting the Foos at Slane, any chance of either/both playing the Sunday of Ffruit?

2 different music promoters who work in competition with each other so very unlikely if not impossible that these 2 would be on the FF line up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

lc180 wrote: »
    2 different music promoters who work in competition with each other so very unlikely if not impossible that these 2 would be on the FF line up.

You're probably right in this case but it's interesting to note that in 2012 when Tom Petty played in Ireland, the gig he did in the O2 was an MCD gig while the gig in the Marquee Cork was by Aiken Promotions.

Another example is when the Who played Marlay Park in 2007, it was MCD, while the next night when they played The Marquee Cork, it was by Aiken Promotions.

I think it's unfortunate that Forbidden Fruit and Slane are clashing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

100% no chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭poteen

Counting crows announced for Isle of Wight today. They didnt play Ireland on the recent european tour. My bet is we see them at Forbidden Fruit.

Could see these lads pop up at FF
    10421597_10152839849334223_7155138243762852012_n.jpg?oh=6a9c732bf3ef51ef49b8543f4fab3fd4&oe=54FB0A0E&__gda__=1430363889_d8bc99609f225d4c57bdab6c0a7c2ed3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

Could see these lads pop up at FF
    Good shout. Would be a great addition too.

Life Festival is on the same weekend this year.
    will probably give FF a miss so unless they've a great lineup....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

That is very disappointing that they're both on the same weekend. Two good festivals last year, would have liked to have gone to both. Will probably end up going to whichever one has the better line up but the convenience of Forbidden Fruit makes it very appealing, they would want to have a decent line up this year with Foo Fighters and Life on the same weekend.

Two months since the 'announcing soon' update and still nothing actually announced!

The Prodigy are doing a UK tour the first 2 weeks of May so schedule wise they might be a good shout for a headliner. They could probably headline something bigger though, also may be more suited to Longitude.

they must have heard you :D

hah the power of boards.ie!

I wonder is that slight glimpse we see in the photo supposed to be a hint? I reckon if I spent some time I could figure that out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

There's an 'S' in it... This is like really sh!te hangman!

Modest Mouse!

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DylanAFC

The Strokes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

oasis? start the rumour

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Aslan, lololol

I read today that Primavera is announcing their line-up on the 21st. Maybe we'll hear something definite around then.

That is if there is any crossover in the lineups.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

They'd really want to box clever this year with the clashes and all. There's not much point in them booking a meat-and-potatoes rock act as everyone and their grandmother who's into that kinda thing will be at the Foo Fighters, and Life is going to wipe the floor with them when it comes to the young and trendy crowd who like their thump. Something with a big cult following like Modest Mouse would be their bet.

Advertisement