Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forbidden Fruit 2015 : May 30-31

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭PatrickIde1187

Who do people think was the best act/acts of the weekend? Joey Bada$$ for me. The moshpit for Survival Tactics was insane , rivaled any Slayer pit I have ever been at!. RTJ were ****ing amazing aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MeetReality

Standout sets of the weekend for me were Maya Jane Coles and Jamie XX....found Nicolas Jaar's set to be a bit uninspiring. Damian Lazarus in Button Factory and Adam Beyer in Hangar were great sets also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Blut2

Sunday thoughts: a shame it was so cold, nothing the festival organisers could do about that though. 10C warmer would have made it amazing...

Maya Jane Coles & Cyril Hahn were very good. Found Dusky far too crowded, had to leave that tent while he was on.

Wasn't a huge fan of the rap acts, or the crowd that they attract.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I chose Life...

How many Wu members showed up?

And what was the set like?

I was well on it so I can't be sure but the only one I noticed missing was Method Man. I wasn't expecting them to be great but they really were fantastic. They played all the tunes you could have wanted...even the likes of Liquid Swords and Criminology.

There was also a bit where the DJ was scratching and mixing on the decks with none of the clan rapping and it was so cool, he took off his shoes and stood up on the decks and was scratching with his feet, really really cool and scratching with his back to the decks and stuff like that.

There was a couple of really cool moments, they got the entire crowd chanting ODB and another bit where they said something like If Wu are forever say F*** yeah and the entire crowd screamed it back.

Highlight of the weekend was Earl though, dropped a new track and the crowd went insane for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Jamie xx, Earl and RTJ were excellent, as was Baths on the live live stage.
    Incidentally, anyone have a vague setlist for Jamie? I was quite out of it for some of it. Loved Gosh at the end, that was pure euphoria.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Jamie xx, Earl and RTJ were excellent, as was Baths on the live live stage.
    Incidentally, anyone have a vague setlist for Jamie? I was quite out of it for some of it. Loved Gosh at the end, that was pure euphoria.

Would also love if someone could post up any tunes he played, not a huge fan but thought he was the best of the weekend, wasn't exactly sober either so can't remember too many of the tunes. I heard a song down in the Bulmers Lounge for the first time on Friday, then I could have sworn Jamie XX played it on Saturday night. The more I think about it I think I was just whacked and heard something completely different. Anyone able to tell me if I'm wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

damn, would have loved that. was waiting too long for his own stuff, left with 10 mins left

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

How was Richie Hawtin? I spotted one video on youtube but would like to hear how his overall set was? Weather looked decent for his set anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Laurel_Patente

How good was the music in the Bulmers Lounge all weekend by the way? I spent most of Friday rocking in their to the Malibu Club DJs playing tunes from Vice City!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

How was Richie Hawtin? I spotted one video on youtube but would like to hear how his overall set was? Weather looked decent for his set anyway.

Quality, juggled a bit of Dusky and Richie Hawtin! Tent Dusky were in was jammed so we headed Main Stage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

How good was the music in the Bulmers Lounge all weekend by the way? I spent most of Friday rocking in their to the Malibu Club DJs playing tunes from Vice City!

Brilliant. Spent at least an hour and a half down there each day, tunes were great. Mother DJ's finished it off on the Sunday, the place was the busiest I'd seen it all weekend despite Dusky, Richie Hawtin and Run the Jewels being on at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Anyone have a set list for run the jewels? Trying to remember did they play Angel Duster and Get it at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Anyone have a set list for run the jewels? Trying to remember did they play Angel Duster and Get it at the end.

They definitely played Angel Duster anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭breakfasttime

They seem to be playing the same setlist for festival shows:

Queen - We are the Champions
    Run the Jewels
    Oh My Darling Don't Cry 

Blockbuster Night, Part 1 

Banana Clipper 

36" Chain 

DDFH 

Sea Legs 

Close Your Eyes (And Count to ****) 

Pew Pew Pew 

Lie, Cheat, Steal 

Early 

All Due Respect 

Love Again (Akinyele Back) 

Get It 

A Christmas ****ing Miracle 

Encore:
    Angel Duster

From what I can remember I think that matches what they played at forbidden fruit.

Advertisement