Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forbidden Fruit 2015 : May 30-31

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

lc180 wrote: »
    I read today that Primavera is announcing their line-up on the 21st. Maybe we'll hear something definite around then.

That is if there is any crossover in the lineups.

That'd be sweet but IIRC there wasn't much crossover. Flaming Lips, Gold Panda at least I think??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Saruwatari wrote: »
    That'd be sweet but IIRC there wasn't much crossover. Flaming Lips, Gold Panda at least I think??

In 2012 both were on the same weekend as well and there was a decent amount of crossover so it's not completely unlikely to have a few at FF.

2012: Wilco, Death Cab for Cutie, Real Estate, The Field, Purity Ring, Death in Vegas, Atlas Sound, Field Music, Beirut, Mazzy Starr, Grimes, Chromatics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

POD got blur to kilmainham would love if they got damon albarn solo to this..

He has played almost everywhere but ireland on his current tour so hoping for him at one of the festivals this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Laurel_Patente

Whyyyyyy are we waitttting?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭JackMcA

i think Ride are a good shout

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Todd Terje ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Todd Terje ;)

Forbidden Fruit is on the same weekend as Life festival this year. For the past 2 years Todd Terje has played the Button Factory the same weekend Life has been on, Hidden Agenda booked him both times. Hidden Agenda had their own stage at Forbidden Fruit last year, so would it be possible they got him back again to play at this? I sound like a conspiracy theorist but your winky face has me excited :pac: Would love him to play an Irish festival this summer!

Todd Terje ;)

He has been added to Field Day in London the weekend after FF so a decent possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Forbidden Fruit is on the same weekend as Life festival this year. For the past 2 years Todd Terje has played the Button Factory the same weekend Life has been on, Hidden Agenda booked him both times. Hidden Agenda had their own stage at Forbidden Fruit last year, so would it be possible they got him back again to play at this? I sound like a conspiracy theorist but your winky face has me excited :pac: Would love him to play an Irish festival this summer!
    it's unlikely they booked a low/mid-level act like Terje for a full year in advance. could well be playing, but I doubt anything was planned after his last gig.

I'd say Run The Jewels are very likely considering HA had them over at Xmas and they're at Field Day the following week.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Primavera lineup at 6pm, might get some loose ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Think it's at 7pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Saruwatari wrote: »
    Primavera lineup at 6pm, might get some loose ideas?

Was there much of an overlap last year?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

1919663_10153081159328156_2714695696189184410_n.jpg?oh=8723f0cbb1efca0edfdc2e049aea0acc&oe=555E1AF0

• Registered Users Posts: 10,776 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

If the strokes played forbidden fruit I would actually die with happiness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Reckon James Blake and Panda Bear might be good shouts for this?

The Strokes, Black Keys or Alt-J would be impressive bookings but realistically I reckon Caribou or Underworld could be headlining the Sunday night.

I'd be happy with Caribou but electronic acts on an outdoor stage when it's still bright is a bit of a pet peeve of mine.

i don't think Alt-J would be that unrealistic? they're not that big, and if Kasabian can headline....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

Jesus fooking Christ Primavera looks serious.

Looks like they are gone back to 3 days

10940438_824265894287004_261812984570857813_n.png?oh=4c7f3c77b8ede23c8015855bee8e7384&oe=552DA057&__gda__=1432406400_a6e5ab2c92bdfbc872326843303f5227

the 3rd day was quite a slog last time. at least when it was 3 days before it didn't mean taking a day off work for most people either, would prefer if it was Sat-Mon again if they're going to do a full 3 days.

• Advertisement

According to the FF Facebook page they will be announcing some acts in "the next few days".

Looks like there could be a festival ticket war next Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Jim Carroll saying that some of the acts he's heard are playing are far more interesting than those playing Longitude.

Ah i really hope its not that great now ha. If there is someone good on the Sunday ill prob drop in on the way back from Slane. Could see Interpol turning up unless they are down for EP again. Strokes look more likely they will turn up as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

When is this due to actually get announced?

nm wrote: »
    When is this due to actually get announced?

I read somewhere that it's supposed to be today but it wasn't from FF HQ.

I've got a feeling Chic will be one of the headliners, would be a lazy booking by POD as they've played here a million times but would prob go down well enough. They are playing London in June so should be on tour around then.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

I reckon Morrissey could make an appearance at Forbidden Fruit this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

I read somewhere that it's supposed to be today but it wasn't from FF HQ.

I've got a feeling Chic will be one of the headliners, would be a lazy booking by POD as they've played here a million times but would prob go down well enough. They are playing London in June so should be on tour around then.

Ah jaysus, not chic AGAIN?!! Yes Nile, i know that you've worked with all those great musicians, but its starting to wear a bit thin at this stage!

roll wrote: »
    Ah jaysus, not chic AGAIN?!! Yes Nile, i know that you've worked with all those great musicians, but its starting to wear a bit thin at this stage!

Complete guess by me but I can see it happen. POD use a lot of the same bands over and over again, switching them between EP, FF and Body & Soul.

announcement is on Wednesday.

• Advertisement

Complete guess by me but I can see it happen. POD use a lot of the same bands over and over again, switching them between EP, FF and Body & Soul.
    POD don't run B&S as far as i know.
    pretty sure MCD/FR/LN basically book EP now too.

Advertisement