Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forbidden Fruit 2015 : May 30-31

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

The National announced their first European festival of the summer today, they are playing in Murcia Spain at the start of May. Could be a possible headliner for FF.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

The National would be amazing ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

lc180 wrote: »
    The National announced their first European festival of the summer today, they are playing in Murcia Spain at the start of May. Could be a possible headliner for FF.

I would've thought too big at this stage but maybe wrong. Im all over it if it happens.

Easy Rod wrote: »
    I would've thought too big at this stage but maybe wrong. Im all over it if it happens.

They probably are but it's either FF or EP If they make an Irish festival stop this summer and I can't see them sticking around Europe until September. I've been wrong more times than right, i really should shut up....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I don't think they're too big, Kasabian headlined after all.
    would love to see them play it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Laurel_Patente

These are all the names mentioned in the thread as possibly playing, wonder how many of these will be showing up on the lineup tomorrow!

Placebo
    Interpol
    Caribou
    Django Django
    Counting Crows
    The Prodigy
    Modest Mouse
    The Strokes
    Flaming Lips
    Gold Panda
    Damon Albarn
    Ride
    Todd Terje
    Run The Jewels
    James Blake
    Panda Bear
    Black Keys
    Underworld
    Chic
    The National

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

A friend said to me he heard that the line up was going to be very electronic this year, don't know where he heard it and with Life festival almost entirely an electronic music festival it's hard to see it happening, but we will see tomorrow! Last year on the Sunday there were quite a few electronic acts. Of all the festivals in Ireland I find this one the hardest to call, hope we are in for a nice surprise!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

These are all the names mentioned in the thread as possibly playing, wonder how many of these will be showing up on the lineup tomorrow!

Placebo
    Interpol
    Caribou
    Django Django
    Counting Crows
    The Prodigy
    Modest Mouse
    The Strokes
    Flaming Lips
    Gold Panda
    Damon Albarn
    Ride
    Todd Terje
    Run The Jewels
    James Blake
    Panda Bear
    Black Keys
    Underworld
    Chic
    The National

All of those please, thank you! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Fingers crossed for The Strokes.. come on.. come on..

They're at Primavera on the Saturday so could do this on the Friday or Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

A friend said to me he heard that the line up was going to be very electronic this year, don't know where he heard it and with Life festival almost entirely an electronic music festival it's hard to see it happening, but we will see tomorrow! Last year on the Sunday there were quite a few electronic acts. Of all the festivals in Ireland I find this one the hardest to call, hope we are in for a nice surprise!
    Ff tweeted something along the lines of "we've had some of the best electronic acts play here the last few years and we have even more this year"

I'll try and find the tweet....Facebook actually.

https://www.facebook.com/forbiddenfruitfestival/posts/824572940922966

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

nm wrote: »
    Fingers crossed for The Strokes.. come on.. come on..

They're at Primavera on the Saturday so could do this on the Friday or Sunday.

Sunday please ha. Flaming Lips wont be there since they did last year.
    The National need to stay away from Ireland for awhile since they played here a lot over the last few years ( i think every year since 2011?) even though i really like them.

Sunday please ha. Flaming Lips wont be there since they did last year.
    The National need to stay away from Ireland for awhile since they played here a lot over the last few years ( i think every year since 2011?) even though i really like them.

Two of the fellas from the Strokes have side projects playing the Thursday & Friday of Primavera so it's Sunday at FF or nothing at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

If it's gonna be an electronic band, one would have to think it's Underworld?

it will be:

Fatboy Slim
    Richie Hawtin
    Wu-Tang Clan
    Earl Sweatshirt
    Run The Jewels
    Booka Shade live
    Joey Badass
    Cyril Hahn
    Dusky
    Mr Scruff

a few more too.

early bird tickets: day €39.50/€49.50, weekend €99.50
    general sale: €49.50/€59.50, weekend €129.50

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Dan Deacon is a possibility as he's at Primavera this year and he's an electronic artist.

Found on twitter:

http://t.co/MqUbATRYI1

Not a guitar in sight by the looks of it.

lc180 wrote: »
    Found on twitter:

http://t.co/MqUbATRYI1

Not a guitar in sight by the looks of it.

Fatboy Slim, We Tang Clan, Mr Scruff.. Okay.

I wonder is that going to be the full announcement for today?
    Is that one headliner or two? No mention of which days either

Hawtin too

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Laurel_Patente

To paraphrase Fatboy Slim, if he's playing I'll be f**king in heaven!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Wow, there's nothing that interests me there. You'd think they'd announce more than that with their 1st announcement considering it's a 3 day festival.

• Advertisement

Hawtin too
    sure didn't i say that at the top of the page :p

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

If they are moving to a largely electronic focus, it'll be a pity having the only two medium/big festivals in the country of that type on the same weekend.

I'll be @ Primavera this year but will be hoping this is a success for Pod as I definitely see a gap in the market for a high quality electronic music festival that fits somewhere between the underground (which Life kind of is I guess?) and the more mainstream.

Can't see Life booking Fatboy Slim for example...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

The difference with Life of course is that its a camping festival with late nights till 4 or 5 am on Friday and Saturday nights, main stage closing up about 3 am compared to FF quarter to eleven pm lark, although you are in Dublin and there would be lots of interesting after parties possibly.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Not sure what to make of that line up, thought we would get more than 12 acts announced. Saw Fatboy Slim at Oxegen in 2010 and again at EP 2013 and he was disappointing both times, Ejeca, Dusky & Cyril Hahn have played a good bit in Ireland over the last year or two although thought all 3 were pretty good whenever I've seen them. Booka Shade should be good too. Not a huge hip hop fan so some of them acts do nothing for me although I suspect if you are then the likes of Run the Jewels, Wu Tang, Joey Badass & Earl Sweatshirt will be very appealing.

Hopefully they will do the same as last year and kind of break up the days by genre, it could work if they had one day for example for all of the big hip hop acts and another for the more electronic acts. €40 for an earlybird day ticket is good value but will anyone buy one before the day breakdown is announced? Going to wait and see what else FF and Life have up their sleeves before making a decision. Overall impression is that Forbidden Fruit are playing it very safe with the acts announced so far.

Hopefully they will do the same as last year and kind of break up the days by genre, it could work if they had one day for example for all of the big hip hop acts and another for the more electronic acts. €40 for an earlybird day ticket is good value but will anyone buy one before the day breakdown is announced?

the day ticket price is actually €39.50/€49.50 for early birds, which seems more like one of the days (presumably Friday) will be a slightly scaled back one with a cheaper ticket.
    Saturday and Sunday day tickets are presumably €49.50 for early birds, then €59.50 for general.

i don't know why they're not doing Sat,Sun,Mon as that would have far more people off work and able to go....

i don't know why they're not doing Sat,Sun,Mon as that would have far more people off work and able to go....

I'd say Friday will be scaled back as you suggest so that Dubs can head in straight from work without missing much, and those travelling would only need to take a half day at most.

Finishing on Sunday rather than Monday might mean stronger interest as people don't have work to worry about next day, particularly when it comes to afterparties in town etc.

Would be great to see the FF guys get more ambitious with the late-night afterparty bit - make it a more formal part of the festival perhaps with some big names playing only in those slots

Announcement bit of a dud, not that it's bad or anything but I thought the 3 headliners would be announced at least.

I wonder when we'll were more, this is practically the only festival I'm interested in at this stage (screw camping)

Announcement bit of a dud, not that it's bad or anything but I thought the 3 headliners would be announced at least...

Could Wu-Tang, Hawtin and Fatboy not be the 3 headliners?

All big enough names I would have thought if FF have decided to go full gun on the hip hop/electronic angle.

can't see Hawtin as a headliner at all.
    headlining the 2nd stage like Flying Lotus last year is far more likely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Could Wu-Tang, Hawtin and Fatboy not be the 3 headliners?

All big enough names I would have thought if FF have decided to go full gun on the hip hop/electronic angle.

??????????:confused:

Advertisement