Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forbidden Fruit 2015 : May 30-31

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

also, with Wu-Tang Clan underneath and in smaller font than FBS, i wonder if they're necessarily headliners?

hopefully that poster is the lineup for one of the days, and Hawtin (and others) are on a different poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

If RTJ and Joey Bada$$ are on the same day I might consider a day ticket... Seems a strange option to go for, a very hip-hop/DJ centric lineup, considering LIFE is the same weekend.

I would have thought that even most hip-hop diehards might be a bit reluctant to go to an outdoor festival to see some of these guys. Sometimes it's just not a genre that translates well to open-air stages.

Bit disappointing for me anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Penny dropping that the poster is not the official announcement and is just a leak...

That being the case, the most sensible explanation is that this could be one of the day line-ups I guess?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Penny dropping that the poster is not the official announcement and is just a leak...

That being the case, the most sensible explanation is that this could be one of the day line-ups I guess?

The poster is from the official website though. The site just hasn't gone live yet.

If this is just one day then it would be a complete game changer. I doubt it is though.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Laurel_Patente

Official Announcement at approx. 4 PM.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

can't see Hawtin as a headliner at all.
    headlining the 2nd stage like Flying Lotus last year is far more likely.

Same for Wu Tang as headliners, Fat Boy Slim yea but the other two surely not. They play nightclubs here when they come, bit of a leap from that to headlining a festival.

well it's official now. up on their fb page.

https://www.facebook.com/forbiddenfruitfestival/photos/a.181773508536249.37150.156564297723837/827076617339265/?type=1

no sign of Hawtin, maybe he's being held back for later, or has cancelled. he was up on the site when they tested it last week, which google managed to cache:
    http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:mv8BeAfYJJUJ:forbiddenfruit.ie/category/lineup/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ie

Tickets on sale tomorrow, are they selling day tickets before announcing which days the acts are on?

Most importantly on Facebook they say tuned for the initial "Indie and Comedy" lineup in coming weeks.

So not completely Electronic and Hip Hop. Phew :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

lc180 wrote: »
    Most importantly on Facebook they say tuned for the initial "Indie and Comedy" lineup in coming weeks.

So not completely Electronic and Hip Hop. Phew :)
    Doesnt seem to be that well organised. No proper website, only acts of 2 genres announced and tickets on sale tomorrow.
    I dont think they have the kind of followers Body n Soul has to be able to sell tickets without a proper lineup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

only acts of 2 genres announced

I agree that this seems a very odd decision.

Announcing a list of electronic/hip hop acts makes complete sense if you're moving to focussing on those genres for the full festival.

If they are planning on sticking to a more varied line-up, then this first announcement just smacks of bad planning.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Pretty disappointing list so far. Most of these have played here recently enough (like last few months recently) and a piss-poor live performer like Fatboy Slim as a headliner is just insulting.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,459 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Very odd way to go about announcing a festival. Just one genre with others to follow ? How that benefits either the promoter or the gig going public and supporters of the festival is lost on me I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

It looks like recycled acts from the last two or three years of EP, so as per usual unless you live in Dublin and you are not a regular attender of EP, FF completely looses the potential EP audience for the earlier part of the summer as its just repeats. I suppose the same could be said for Life with Squarepusher but he is touring an new show, Longitude seems to be doing the same recycling too. Most festivals I suppose will repeat the same acts over the next few years, what I can see is up and coming acts who play Body & Soul festival will likely play EP the following year and other festivals as we are seeing. I was at the very first FF and Aphex Twin headlined on the Sunday that year, I don't think its been bettered since its debut.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

It looks like recycled acts from the last two or three years of EP, so as per usual unless you live in Dublin and you are not a regular attender of EP, FF completely looses the potential EP audience for the earlier part of the summer as its just repeats. I suppose the same could be said for Life with Squarepusher but he is touring an new show, Longitude seems to be doing the same recycling too. Most festivals I suppose will repeat the same acts over the next few years, what I can see is up and coming acts who play Body & Soul festival will likely play EP the following year and other festivals as we are seeing. I was at the very first FF and Aphex Twin headlined on the Sunday that year, I don't think its been bettered since its debut.

Right on the money here.
    To Primavera we go! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Saruwatari wrote: »
    Right on the money here.
    To Primavera we go! :pac:

Heading to Life myself as I've worked there the last three years and they've always had at least 4 or 5 acts a night I want to see or that I get blown away by so happy to stay put.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Unless they announce their guitar music day, I'll be spending my money elsewhere.

Bought a weekend early bird ticket. Considering I live in Kilmainham and there is zero commute needed €99 is not too shabby for a 3 day festival. I don't really care about headliners as long as there is a solid under card with at least 4 acts that trigger some form of interest each day. I've seen Joey Bada$$ and Booka Shade before and they are really worth seeing again, i missed out on Run The Jewels tickets back in December so def looking forward to them. The rest aren't really doing anything for me. I'm hoping for a lot of decent additions.

I wonder is Interpol the 'indie' headliner? Would make sense that they hold back on announcing til after their Olympia gigs?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Excellent line up for a hip hop nerd like me.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭St. Lupulin

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Excellent line up for a hip hop nerd like me.

I wonder could we also get Nas...

wildlife-festival-full-lineup.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

If the promoter could also get Vic Mensa from that Wildlife festival is would be great.

I'm hoping that either or all of Ratking, Jeru The Damaja and Your Old Droog get added. They are all playing a fesival a few days later in Norfolk.
    Funnily enough, it's called The Boom Bap Festival :)

EDIT: Scratch Ratking off the list, they are playing Life the same weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 13 TechnoBadger

I wonder could we also get Nas...

Looks like he was booked for Life

• Registered Users Posts: 31 FrewBrews

As a massive Hip Hop fan I'm really looking forward to this, particularly Earl Sweatshirt and Run the Jewels. Run the Jewels put out my favourite album last year and hopefully we'll be getting a chance to hear the new stuff Earl has been working on.

I made a playlist on Spotify for the festival. I don't think I can link it cause I don't have a high enough post count on here but it should be the only one when you search "forbidden fruit 2015".

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Laurel_Patente

FrewBrews wrote: »
    As a massive Hip Hop fan I'm really looking forward to this, particularly Earl Sweatshirt and Run the Jewels. Run the Jewels put out my favourite album last year and hopefully we'll be getting a chance to hear the new stuff Earl has been working on.

I made a playlist on Spotify for the festival. I don't think I can link it cause I don't have a high enough post count on here but it should be the only one when you search "forbidden fruit 2015".

I can't find this on spotify, are you sure it's up?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 FrewBrews

I can't find this on spotify, are you sure it's up?

Should be now! Cheers.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Matador is on the Sunday
    SUN MAY 31, 2015 - 5:30 PM
    Matador Verified-artist-flat
    Dublin, Ireland

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Also according to bandsintown say Wu Tang Clan and Fatboy Slim are on Sunday

Also according to bandsintown say Wu Tang Clan and Fatboy Slim are on Sunday

The Strokes dream is over so :mad:
    Guess they were too big anyway.

I wonder who the 'guitar band' will be then.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

If there is to be a guitar band, I guess it makes sense for it to be The National.
    They are doing European festivals in May.

• Advertisement

more acts tomorrow. dunno why they didn't just wait and announce the lot together...

Advertisement