Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forbidden Fruit 2015 : May 30-31

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Some morkeshing guru probably thought it would be a great idea to slowly but not too slowly build up excitement for the festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭callmepetardu

Was really disappointed with the initial announcements, so I'm hoping tomorrow is a little bit better...

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MeetReality

Richie Hawtin, Jamie XX, Groove Armada, Waze & Odyssey, Damian Lazarus & The Ancient Moons, Mount Kimbie, Kelela, Disciples & Booka Brass band just added!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Richie Hawtin, Jamie XX, Groove Armada, Waze & Odyssey, Damian Lazarus & The Ancient Moons, Mount Kimbie, Kelela, Disciples & Booka Brass band just added!

Hmmm.. so, whens the next announcement?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

No guitar bands then? Full on electronic festival.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

well that didn't escalate quickly...

I hate to be negative and I really want to like Forbidden Fruit but they just keep disappointing so far this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

some good names there. Jamie xx was great at Life last year, Hawtin, Kelela and Mount Kimbie (if live) would all be good too.
    still though, not really much to make me sell my Life ticket.

dunno why they're putting on so much electronic/hiphop stuff with the weekend that's in it though. would be much better getting a load of the bands that are at Primavera. maybe they'll be announced later....

presume Groove Armada is a DJ set like at IoW 2 weeks after. Mount Kimbie's only other appearance this year is a DJ set too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Agree with ghostdancer, can't see why they're going so electronic when Life is on the same weekend, went to Forbidden Fruit last year for the first time and it seemed like a nice crowd and atmosphere, I wonder will that be different this year.

Most acts that have been announced all played at an Irish festival in the past year or two;
    Electric Picnic 2013 - Fatboy Slim, Wu Tang Clan, Mount Kimbie & Cyril Hahn
    Life Festival 2014 - Dusky, Jamie XX, Ejeca, Groove Armada

Fairly sure Booka Brass Band played at a good few festivals last summer, and Booka Shade played at Life in 2013 I think.

It has the makings of a fun weekend, but not doing anything to drag me in personally and I'm sure anyone who has been to the above festivals would say the same. If the weather good and electronic music is your thing, surely Life would be the better option that weekend, we will see if they have anything else up their sleeve but so far I'm underwhelmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

€99 early bird weekend tickets are sold out. New price is €109 before fees

Not sure if this is the full price or if they will go up again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Agree with ghostdancer, can't see why they're going so electronic when Life is on the same weekend, went to Forbidden Fruit last year for the first time and it seemed like a nice crowd and atmosphere, I wonder will that be different this year.

Most acts that have been announced all played at an Irish festival in the past year or two;
    Electric Picnic 2013 - Fatboy Slim, Wu Tang Clan, Mount Kimbie & Cyril Hahn
    Life Festival 2014 - Dusky, Jamie XX, Ejeca, Groove Armada

Fairly sure Booka Brass Band played at a good few festivals last summer, and Booka Shade played at Life in 2013 I think.

It has the makings of a fun weekend, but not doing anything to drag me in personally and I'm sure anyone who has been to the above festivals would say the same. If the weather good and electronic music is your thing, surely Life would be the better option that weekend, we will see if they have anything else up their sleeve but so far I'm underwhelmed.

Yeah bit iffy on dates but I have definitely seen Ritchie Hawtin at EP in the last few years, and Book Shade played FF 3 years ago I think (maybe 4).

Yeah the booka brass lads played most irish festivals last year but haven't played FF before.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Bandsintown are now saying Wu Tang and FBS are on friday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Day by day breakdown so far taken from Goldenplec

Friday
    Fatboy Slim
    Disciples

Saturday
    Wu Tang Clan.
    Groove Armada DJ Set.
    Jamie XX.
    Mr Scruff.
    Joey Bada$$.
    Earl Sweatshirt.
    Mount Kimbie DJ Set.
    Bakermat.
    Kelela.
    Damian Lazarus & The Ancient Moons.
    Booka Brass Band.

Sunday
    Richie Hawtin.
    Booka Shade.
    Run The Jewels.
    Matador.
    Cyril Hahn.
    Dusky.
    Waze & Odyssey.
    Ejeca.

The second wave of early bird tickets ends on Monday so I'm guessing there might be another set of acts announced shortly after that.

https://twitter.com/ForbiddenFFest/status/568821833413337090

Day by day breakdown so far taken from Goldenplec

Friday
    Fatboy Slim
    Disciples

Saturday
    Wu Tang Clan.
    Groove Armada DJ Set.
    Jamie XX.
    Mr Scruff.
    Joey Bada$$.
    Earl Sweatshirt.
    Mount Kimbie DJ Set.
    Bakermat.
    Kelela.
    Damian Lazarus & The Ancient Moons.
    Booka Brass Band.

Sunday
    Richie Hawtin.
    Booka Shade.
    Run The Jewels.
    Matador.
    Cyril Hahn.
    Dusky.
    Waze & Odyssey.
    Ejeca.

that's official now, confirmation that Friday will be a bit scaled back too:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1536987679907214/permalink/1552448471694468/
    POD Presents & Bulmers are happy to announce that early bird day tickets for Forbidden Fruit Festival are now on sale priced at:
    Friday – €39.50. Saturday – €49.50. Sunday – €49.50.

Friday 29th May – Gates 4:30pm:
    Fatboy Slim headline show, with support from Disciples and other special guests still to be announced.

Saturday 30th May – Gates 2:30pm:
    Wu-Tang Clan, Groove Armada DJ Set, Jamie xx, Official Mr Scruff,
    Joey Badass, Earl Sweatshirt, Mount Kimbie DJ Set, Bakermat, Kelela,
    Damian Lazarus & The Ancient Moons, Booka Brass Band,
    Plus many more to be announced

Sunday 31st May – Gates 2:30pm:
    Richie Hawtin, Booka Shade LIVE, Run The Jewels, Matador,
    Cyril Hahn, Dusky, Waze & Odyssey, plus many more to be announced.

Tickets available here: http://goo.gl/QfShZa

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Elceeney

What's the story with bringing alcohol into FF?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Elceeney wrote: »

You can't. It's a day festival with a bar.

Elceeney wrote: »

You can take your chances with Crouching Tiger, Hidden Naggin.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HausOfTony

JJ wrote: »
    You can take your chances with Crouching Tiger, Hidden Naggin.

Security was insane last year, never had such an intense search in my life so best of luck haha

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Laurel_Patente

I found security to be grand last year...was searched like but compared to Longitude (where I was stuck in a queue to get in for roughly half an hour) it wasn't too bad at all imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Elceeney

The festival starts at 1pm and you can't bring drink in... and closes at 11 - when most people would want to go to a nightclub/afterparty? There'll be a lot of people chewing face if thats the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HausOfTony

I found security to be grand last year...was searched like but compared to Longitude (where I was stuck in a queue to get in for roughly half an hour) it wasn't too bad at all imo

Saturday was fine but I just thought Sunday was insane. Saw a few other complaints on here too, people seemed to wire it down to the acts possibly attracting a different crowd on the Sunday but I dunno about that

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Laurel_Patente

HausOfTony wrote: »
    Saturday was fine but I just thought Sunday was insane. Saw a few other complaints on here too, people seemed to wire it down to the acts possibly attracting a different crowd on the Sunday but I dunno about that

Yeah we arrived late enough on the Sunday after overdoing it the first night so maybe the checks were strict earlier in the day...didn't see a proliferation of jaw swingers or eyes like satellites compared to other festivals but when it was non camping I suppose that's to be expected...

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Nicolas Jaar, Maya Jane Coles, Adam Beyer, Hot Since 82, Tensnake & Idris Elba just added.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

Great additions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Saruwatari wrote: »
    Idris Elba just added.

Yer man from The Wire???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

lc180 wrote: »
    Yer man from The Wire???
    No its a bluegrass band from Leitrim of the same name

MJC, HS82 and Tensnake all played Life last year.

are they just trying to make FF a dance festival in the city centre to go head-to-head with Life? :confused:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

MJC, HS82 and Tensnake all played Life last year.

are they just trying to make FF a dance festival in the city centre to go head-to-head with Life? :confused:

Looks like it :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Apart from the headliners Life isn't up to much this year. the midlevel acts at FF are a better draw, and the djs would be more interesting to a mainsteam crowd too. Will be a very different crowd from last year though, hope it's not too full of LETS GO ****ING MENTAL meatheads.

Advertisement